Scouts & 9.3

I have a few questions about scouts & thier stats after reeading about the new way coach stats determine thier star rating,

Are there any major changes with scouts & how thier stats work, as there are with coaches?

I know that Determination, Dicipline & Motivation are now big factors in coaches star rating, are there any similar changes with scouts?

Does WWY stat affect how a scout can assess youngsters or is it just for coaches?

Oh, and is Tactical Knowledge a key stat for a scout set to 'Next Opponent' assignment?

Thanks

Hi tomo31

As I understand it, Determination and Discipline affects how effective your scout is (not sure if it only affects how quickly he gets the reports done or if he also find more players)

Motivation shouldn't affect him as this is his ability to motivate someone else iea coach motivating his players

WWY is a coaching stat so also should not affect him

Tactical knowledge is a key stat for next opponent, but in my game I have one scout high JPA stat watching the individual players on the opponent teams, having him look for a full 3 game period prior to playing them and seperate scout with high tactics (not sure if this works the same - but had no choice in my game - although both scouts have min 15 in JPA/JPP and tactical)

Re the scouts I am doing a little test myself. As I picked 2 scouts for the same region (sweden - as scouts for this are cheper) they have similar JPA/JPP but one is higher Dertermination and Discipline than the other

Also their reputation is the same (read somewhere that scout reputaion also can affect scouts)

Over a period I want to see if they come back with the same players / complete reports in same time and/or one has more details than the other. Not sure if will work but just an ides

Martin out

There seems to be something in a scout's makeup that makes him able to actually file reports; it feels like I can send one scout out to Germany for a set period of time and receive five or six reports and then send another scout to the same area and get forty or fifty reports. I wonder if that's what determination does?

Also, ive started a game as barca purely to try to develop youths. How come I have a scout saying a 17yr old has the potential to be better than Messi, yet only gives 2* & recommends releasing him on the contract screen?!

Also, ive started a game as barca purely to try to develop youths. How come I have a scout saying a 17yr old has the potential to be better than Messi, yet only gives 2* & recommends releasing him on the contract screen?!

When scouts rate players, current ability - they do it in comparison to the teams current potetial and reputation ie Barcelona is a ch league winning side - so from that point of view the youngster would only be 2* - however according to the scout he can be devolped in to a messi class player - in general when it comes to youth, the written text is what you should base most weight on

Martin out

Archived