Over Confidence

For the last few games, Gary Neville (my assistant :D) has said that there a few players which seem to be overconfident, and sure enough they play poorly, i dont mind if it happens every now and then but its been going on for a while and its starting to affect my key players, we are still sraping 1-0 results with goals in the last 5 mins but more and more draws are starting to occur, does anyone know what to do to sort this out?

Next 1-0 win, use the "Warn Against Overconfidence In Next Match" post-match team-talk option, if available. Also, don't be afraid to use "None" after a win if you aren't satisfied with the performance, you don't have to say "Well Done" every time (especially true when the entire club is on Superb morale).

Also, using the occasional "Disappointed" individual talk for a 6.0-or-less player, even after a victory, can help combat overconfidence.

Next 1-0 win, use the "Warn Against Overconfidence In Next Match" post-match team-talk option, if available. Also, don't be afraid to use "None" after a win if you aren't satisfied with the performance, you don't have to say "Well Done" every time (especially true when the entire club is on Superb morale).

Also, using the occasional "Disappointed" individual talk for a 6.0-or-less player, even after a victory, can help combat overconfidence.

Good advice, gonna take that on board as we often struggle against the lesser teams :mad:

I often see the same message from my assman during great run of victories and I always say "expect victory" to them and "expect performance" to every player my assman singles out as overconfident or cocky during pre-match routines.

In case your assman says that one of your subs are overconfident it's good idea to substitute him in (if you have to or want to sub him in) at half time because then you can tell to him personally that you expect performance from him and neutralize this overconfidence altering his game. If you send him to pitch during 2nd half you can't tell him anything.

Needless to say that during 3 seasons I've used this sort of team talks, I've NEVER seen ANY player being demotivated when I look my assman team talk report. So it's quite safe way to avoid that, especially when you have professional and determined players.

thanks for all the replies, i think i will have to become tougher :( its hard because most of my players are youngsters and have me on favoured personel lists, i am a good friend to them,

business is business though :D

Archived