An actual thank you!

After spending a few months/years perusing and posting on these forums I've realised that we often only briefly thank people who have helped us with this fantastic game. Several of us have had this game enhanced by new tactics, graphics, queries and titbits that have made us feel like the football managers we have always wanted to become.

This thread is all about letting people give a little kudos to those who have really helped us to give a little celebration in making us enjoy our entertainment in the FM world more and more.

In these times of complaining, complaining, complaining I thought it would be nice if we could recognise some people on here who are always there to help others out.

So...

Tyler - cheers for a great tactic - the V6 has worked wonders and I'm well on the way to becoming the new ferguson!

Knap - your tactic for my FM08 team was unbelievable and helped me complete the dafuge challenge (with the climax an allnight session where I couldn't stop!)

SI Team - always there to help with quick queries needed asap

Crouchaldinho - amazing, intriguing and thought-provoking posts about setting up teams that has made me consider different formations and tactics

Ron.e - always positive posts about getting the best from a team

Some of these people have really helped me and they should know by our thanks!

Can we let others know how much they've helped us with this game!

Niceness is a quality not around enough today!

After spending a few months/years perusing and posting on these forums I've realised that we often only briefly thank people who have helped us with this fantastic game. Several of us have had this game enhanced by new tactics, graphics, queries and titbits that have made us feel like the football managers we have always wanted to become.

This thread is all about letting people give a little kudos to those who have really helped us to give a little celebration in making us enjoy our entertainment in the FM world more and more.

In these times of complaining, complaining, complaining I thought it would be nice if we could recognise some people on here who are always there to help others out.

So...

Tyler - cheers for a great tactic - the V6 has worked wonders and I'm well on the way to becoming the new ferguson!

Knap - your tactic for my FM08 team was unbelievable and helped me complete the dafuge challenge (with the climax an allnight session where I couldn't stop!)

SI Team - always there to help with quick queries needed asap

Crouchaldinho - amazing, intriguing and thought-provoking posts about setting up teams that has made me consider different formations and tactics

Ron.e - always positive posts about getting the best from a team

Some of these people have really helped me and they should know by our thanks!

Can we let others know how much they've helped us with this game!

Niceness is a quality not around enough today!

Peter-evo: Just extremely gorgeous and lightens up my day.

Seriously though:

SFraser: Generally, his posting is fantastic and gives me a lot of knowledgable information.

Crouchy: He is just mighty cool.

These are the two stand-outs at the moment but there are plenty of others. This community is very strong and the posting is, generally, of a high quality.

Thanks Peter-Evo - was hpoing this wouldn't get shouted down and all - I love this fm community on here - all the help is amazing - I've been playing fm for years but only found this site a couple of years ago and think it's amazing - fm has been so advanced by help from others - thought it was a nice thing to do cos I've had **** day at work and stuff like this cheers me up!

Thanks Peter-Evo - was hpoing this wouldn't get shouted down and all - I love this fm community on here - all the help is amazing - I've been playing fm for years but only found this site a couple of years ago and think it's amazing - fm has been so advanced by help from others - thought it was a nice thing to do cos I've had **** day at work and stuff like this cheers me up!

I agree that, while the community is strong, that there aren't enough 'community happenings" and stuff like this can just give appreciation to the most commited of users.

You should have known I'd be so nice ;)

Can I just say that Peter-evo, Chrouchaldino and all those involved in FM wiki are legends and have my thanks for some of the most informative postings that have actually helped me.

REading about peter's trials and tribulaitions with Marine inspired me to take up Dafuge's challenge.

Cheer all

Can I just say that Peter-evo, Chrouchaldino and all those involved in FM wiki are legends and have my thanks for some of the most informative postings that have actually helped me.

REading about peter's trials and tribulaitions with Marine inspired me to take up Dafuge's challenge.

Cheer all

Ah, thanks mate. Nice to see that my horrors with Marine have inspired you. I agree about the Wiki, a massive thanks to everyone who helped me and Alan* continue this project needs a medal. Good luck with the challenge mate.

* - Ahmufcwafc is also one of my favourite posters because he is a sexy beast ;)

peter-evo

Ahmufcwafc

hamilton162

^ all great guys ^

And thanks to the whole of the SI community, so helpful and friendly :)

Cheers ;)

I do agree that this community is friendly and helpful. All we need to do is make new members feel welcome and then help this community grow.

Ahmufcwafc is also one of my favourite posters because he is a sexy beast

Please, I invented sexy. :cool: (:()

Another thanks goes towards the Mods - funny and strict :thup:

(Is it uncool to like the Mods? :/)

Cheers to Crouchaldinho (tactical insight), Radestock (knows everything about skinning), Hopey (gives great advice on players), Peter-evo (makes a thread worth reading), Heathxxx (tactical insight and views), SFraiser (his takes on tactical theory).

I feel like i'm missing a few but cheers to everyone:D

NIce to see a thread like this. Not the usual SI bashing threads or "Rockys" behind a monitor. Glad certain guy got banned, kudos to the mods, we don't want people like that.

So my mentions go:-

Jodi123 - Always good advice

Kipfhish - A Legend to thousands

Mods and SI staff - Do a good job and cracking game

Anyone else I've not mentioned, apologies, keep posting and keep playing FM!!!!!

NIce to see a thread like this. Not the usual SI bashing threads or "Rockys" behind a monitor. Glad certain guy got banned, kudos to the mods, we don't want people like that.

So my mentions go:-

Jod123 - Always good advice

Kipfhish - A Legend to thousands

Mods and SI staff - Do a good job and cracking game

Anyone else I've not mentioned, apologies, keep posting and keep playing FM!!!!!

He has been gone for months and still gets mentions :p

Has he? oops (Face Palm)

Not needed much advice lately but had probs with graphics before and he pulled me out of the mire.Name sticks in head What happened to him

Has he? oops (Face Palm)

Not needed much advice lately but had probs with graphics before and he pulled me out of the mire.Name sticks in head What happened to him

Work Experience course I think. He is a fantastic member, just a shame he goes AWOL from time-to-time.

What a refreshing change to have a GD thread that's thanking people.

Come on everyone... group hug? :D

We 'can' hug, but i like the man style 'slight upwards tilt of head and then nod' It means the same and no accidently kopping a feel;)

Jod's on work experience and probably won't be back posting regularly for a good few months.

I don't want to come up with a massive list of who are/aren't my favourite posters so I'm just going to say that all you guys are awesome... ;)

Jod's on work experience and probably won't be back posting regularly for a good few months.

I don't want to come up with a massive list of who are/aren't my favourite posters so I'm just going to say that all you guys are awesome... ;)

Ass-Kisser

Sorry; just couldn't resist.

This thread is refreshing, anyone remember that mad thread a while back from some guys 'girlfriend'. That had me laughing so much i nearly fell of my seat!

Just in case this thread gets closed cos of no FM. 4-2-3-1 is very good formation;)

This thread is refreshing, anyone remember that mad thread a while back from some guys 'girlfriend'. That had me laughing so much i nearly fell of my seat!

Just in case this thread gets closed cos of no FM. 4-2-3-1 is very good formation;)

Oh Rebecca@.

Those were the days.

Just like to say a big thankyou to AcidBurn A true legend and on many occasions when i have had questions he has answered them in a way which is easy to understand and has also recommended great players too, thanks again to AcidBurn

I started this thread just over an hour ago and it's so nice (in such a short space of time) to see everybody giving a bit of 'lurve' to everybody - I didn't expect everybody to go for this - brilliant that we can all say cheers to those that have helped with our FM addiction.

Sorry to anybody who I have missed - I've read so many posts that it's hard to remember everybody's name - but I am so more into fm because of people on here and that is a big thumbs up for doing so!

Keep it going!

I've posted frequently in my short stay and appreciate all of the help and guidance. A big thanks for all the timely, accurate advice received!

PhroX, Amaraq, skorp, xander, nhobergerac, heathxxx have helped me out with some great tips on general questions I've asked. SFraser has volunteered a lot of advice on training (not tomention his training bible); wolfsong for the team talks thread and wwfan & Millie for their work (and continued support) on the TT&F. Thanks to all of you for your part in my FM PhD.

And thanks Rebel MC for starting this thread! :thup:

Archived