Will SI Include The Credit Crunch In FM2010?

As everyone knows, The world is in recession and it is affecting everyone in some way. Including the beautiful game. Southampton is the most recent example of this.

What I want to know is whether the current economic climate will be present in Football Manager 2010.

Everyone of us that plays the game wants it to be as realistic as possible and this could be a massive leap in doing that.

I heard the other day on the radio that someone in the F.A. said that at least 10 clubs could go into administration over the summer mainly due to the recession and this could be introduced into FM. Clubs could be losing money every month (even the big teams) and then eventually fall into Administration.

Will clubs spend less on players?

Will there be less transfer market activity?

Will clubs lower the maximum amount payable for wages?

Will there be lower attendances due to too high ticket prices?

Will ticket prices and season ticket prices be reduced?

There are a lot more other things that could be introduced to involve the credit crunch. But would you like it if the recession was introduced into FM? Would it make it more realistic and would you enjoy it more because of that?

(I haven't been on the forums for a long time so if someone has already posted something similiar to this then I apologise)

I'm not sure how it would be implemented long-term. Would the game continue to be in a recession filled world, and clubs still struggling financially? Or would the situation change? It would be pretty hard to judge or simulate the economy and the consequences it has on football.

I'm not sure how it would be put into the game because at the moment in time its difficult to see how any clubs are doing financially until they release *that thing which gives the financial overview for the year gone by* (im doing business studies A-levels and i cant even remember the name of it, balance sheet or profit and loss account maybe?).

As we saw today Jim Gannon has been made redundant by the administators, i cant remember the last time i saw a manager being made redundant due to administration, maybe thats something which we can see in FM10.

Archived