Assistant Manager

Depends on what club you are.

If you are at a big club, his coaching stats are not all that vital because you'll have enough coaches to cover any weakness there.

In that case (and any way) I am looking for good scouting skills (ability and potential judgment) because I feel he is most useful in his assessment of any player on the offer contract screen, especially if most or all stats are hidden.

On top of that I am looking for managing younsters if he is in charge of my reserves and youths.

If you are a smaller club you'll need your ass man as a coach and then you should look for good coaching skills in general, also depending on the attributes of your other coaches. But also there, and maybe even more, it will prove useful if he can judge abilities well.

hth :)

Depends on what club you are.

If you are at a big club, his coaching stats are not all that vital because you'll have enough coaches to cover any weakness there.

In that case (and any way) I am looking for good scouting skills (ability and potential judgment) because I feel he is most useful in his assessment of any player on the offer contract screen, especially if most or all stats are hidden.

On top of that I am looking for managing younsters if he is in charge of my reserves and youths.

If you are a smaller club you'll need your ass man as a coach and then you should look for good coaching skills in general, also depending on the attributes of your other coaches. But also there, and maybe even more, it will prove useful if he can judge abilities well.

hth :)

Thanks for this. I'm Man Utd currently and almost half of my first team squad dislike Gary Neville (My current assistant manager) so really do need a new one. ;)

I was just wondering what the key stats for an assistant manager are?

Many thanks. :)

I think it really depends on what you want your assistant to do. I personally look for staff with stats of at least 15 in the following areas:-

Judging player ability/potential

Disipline

Man Management

Motivating

Tactical Knowledge

One other tip dont just look for Assistants with these qualities as quite a few of the regular coaches\youth coaches will happily accept a role as an assistant. For example I am currently managing Celtic and the first thing I did was get rid of Gary Pendry who was Strachans assistant and replaced him with John Park who was one of the clubs youth coaches and I am glad I did it because his stats are much better and I am doing very nicely.

Archived