The Sudden Demise Of Super Clubs

Am I the only person who has noticed this? Clubs rip through leagues like elves through forests and then all of a sudden they become awful and somebody else takes over their mantle as the indestructable team in said league.

I'm 9 season in and have played in Serie A throughout. At the beginning Inter were the stand out team, sweeping all those before them aside with consumate ease. Then Juve won the title and for the next few seasons they were unbeatable, destroying teams and finishing one season with 99 points. Then all of a sudden they seemed to implode as well and I had an easy run to the Serie A title with Roma. Now, my former club, Udiense are making fools of everyone in Serie A and have run away with the league, 15 points clear in March.

The bizarre thing is that the transition from Inter to Juve was sudden and shocking, as was the Juventus decline. One minute Inter were winning the league 3 years in a row, the next they finished 7th. Juventus won 3 league titles in four years and then dropped to 5th.

Of course this does happen in real life, but it seems to happen so often in FM and the fall from grace is so excessive that it seems almost unbelievable. 3 years ago Juve lost 2 games all season, 29 games into season 9 and they've lost 9 games already!

I wish it happened on my file in Italy.

AC Milan have been dominant, as have Roma. I come in 3rd/4th battling with Napoli and Inter. Juve have been rebuilding for a few years now and are starting to show glimpses of real quality. I'm a little worried :D

Its season 2026/27...I would love it if one of the 'big' teams really crumbled. Have you seen any of the big names drop off the radar Elrithral? The largest clubs to get relegated on my game were Fiorentina and Udinese (;))

Udinese relegated, oh how I love the thought. I actually started this save as their manager, and won the league with them, my management is the reason for their success, I left them with £200m in the bank and a plethora of fantastic youth players.

As yet none of the big teams have been relegated, however, Fiorentina are in 14th this season. Otherwise relegation usually involves the usual suspects, Parma etc going down and bouncing back up.

Am I the only person who has noticed this? Clubs rip through leagues like elves through forests

Dude, you gotta change your username - it's getting to you :eek:

Seriously, it's interesting to see you say Juve bought well; usually it doesn't happen - that's the general fault in a long-term game. Just now on another thread a poster (bigwig) made this point - I'll copy&paste:

"I’ve started my fourth season and already I’m beginning to understand complaints about the decline of AI clubs.

Arsenal are the only club to have continuous success, but that’s more likely to do with their youngsters coming through the ranks while the others either don’t bother buying at all or make some odd buys (Liverpool paid £22m for Robert Huth).

After Fergie retired the new manager is playing a 4-2-2-2 formation with a flat back 4, two DMCs, two wide midfielders and two strikers. Liverpool used to do this in 08 once Benitez left and they always suffered and it looks as if Man Utd are going to do the same as while it’s still early days, they’re languishing around mid-table and struggling to pick up points.

My own side is going form strength to strength and I’m confident of battling for a Champions League spot this season, but it will be a bit of a shallow achievement if it’s down to the decline of AI clubs rather than my own progression."

Link: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=119117&page=7

Dude, you gotta change your username - it's getting to you :eek:

:D

Interesting to see such a difference in games. In my save Milan have bought very well, especially on the newgen front, they seem to sign every excellent newgen that comes along and have a fanatstic squad of players. Juve have some GPTG favourites that they have bought along the way e.g. Higuain, Sercan, Jankovic.

The only side that seems to buy rubbish for silly prices is Inter and they way down in 8th this season.

I'm in 2021 and it's the first season of gametime that either Man Utd or Arsenal didn't win the league (Man City took it). But the strangest thing is the speed of Man Utd's collapse - in one season they dropped from 3rd to 18th and were down with four games left; literally from a permanent top four position to an easily relegated club.

While the fact that they haven't been spending so much lately suggests some financial issues, the problem isn't severe enough for a mass cull of their players. Similarly while a few players are well past their sell-by date, most of the relegated squad was pretty decent. Managers have come and gone without too much upheaval so I really can't account for it.

Archived