Why don't players get booked for time-wasting?

Not a bug, but a missing feature, IMO. Yes, there should be yellow cards for time-wasting as well as more cards (including reds) for goalkeepers. How about the odd yellow for taking the shirt off when celebrating a goal? A few areas that should be considered here.

This should definitely be implemented; it adds an element of risk when you tell your players to waste time, and also, it would feel a bit fairer if the oppo got punished for extremely long goal kicks and throws. I hate it when it says "....is in no hurry to take this kick" - you're telling me!

I’d like to see it implemented but it would need to be done carefully to make sure it’s still to a realistic level.

In the main booking for time wasting usually go to goalkeepers or players who are not already on yellow card. It’s extremely rare you’ll see a player receive a second yellow card for time wasting and be sent off and I’m not sure if the game can be programmed to such levels of detail.

Yeah I agree with Bigwig - it would need to be coded in very carefully so you don't end up with 2nd yellow cards flying around everywhere and players getting their marching orders for simple timewasting situations. However, I would like to see this implemented too :thup:

Maybe abit too late for it to be added in for FM10 but surely a good shout for FM11!?

Archived