What do you guys do when a player gets a knock?

If he gets an injured cross ( + ) do you sub him?

My question is really, what is the difference between the injured sign, and let's say, a knock which puts his condition down a fair few percent?

I generally keep him on if he's injured but his condition is unaffected.

But if he is "uninjured" and has takena knock with condition down to 60 or 70 percent, I;ll sub him.

Depends on the stage of the game and his condition.

I'll also give him a short period of time to see if his condition recovers.

All in all he will probably get subbed at some point but maybe not until later in the game.

Sub them straight away if I have the players to replace, I do not want them getting injured further

Same usually, take him straight off and hope I get away with it. Its a horrible feeling when you leave it for a bit then he gets properly injured, I have kicked myself for that in the past

I really want to know what the difference is between a cross against his name and a droop in condition.

I think an example would be a knock to the head, they may feel a bit dodgy for a little while and there condition would drop 10-20% but after 10-15 mins they shake it off and continue with game. A cross is an actual injury like a strain for instance which could get worse maybe resulting in a torn muscle.

Hope that makes sense

if you click on the actual players name you can get a little info on the player screen, it will be like 'potential knee problem', if its lower body they are strait off, if its 'potential arm injury' i feel they can still make a good impact but always look at the players condition, if its lower than 70% i take em off

if you click on the actual players name you can get a little info on the player screen, it will be like 'potential knee problem', if its lower body they are strait off, if its 'potential arm injury' i feel they can still make a good impact but always look at the players condition, if its lower than 70% i take em off

During the game? I never knew this. Do you mean on their personal screen or in-game feedback like motivation?

That's right. I check the nature of the injury, and keep the widget on screen to see if his condition begins to recover quickly or not. If, after 5 or so minutes it's the same or lower, I'll sub him. More often than not it goes up again. The assman will also tell you if 'Player X has taken a knock but looks like he'll run it off'.

That's right. I check the nature of the injury, and keep the widget on screen to see if his condition begins to recover quickly or not. If, after 5 or so minutes it's the same or lower, I'll sub him. More often than not it goes up again. The assman will also tell you if 'Player X has taken a knock but looks like he'll run it off'.

Just to clarify this...

Where!?

Is this in 3D mode? AI presume so since you mention widget. I juts had my rightback take a knock with a cross against his name and his conditiion was 60%. Now obviously I took him off but I don't know were to look to find out the nature of the injury during the game.

If it isn't a critical match and I can afford a substitution - in other words, we have subs to spare and a like-for-like player on the bench - then I make the sub pretty much right away, regardless, when he has a green cross. I think the quicker you bring him off, the less chance there is of the injury resulting in the player missing matches afterwards.

If we don't have subs to spare, don't have like-for-like, or its a critical match for my ambitions, then I leave him on and hope he can run it off, keeping a close eye on his Condition over the next 10-15 minutes.

The nature of the injury is on the player's profile

Could be a little clearer. WHen you say profile do you mean the first page where it shows all his attributes?

If so, does this show during the match if he has taken a knock?

Sorry for sounding stupid but I checked my ninjured player during the game and nothing showed on this page.

Could be a little clearer. WHen you say profile do you mean the first page where it shows all his attributes?

If so, does this show during the match if he has taken a knock?

Sorry for sounding stupid but I checked my ninjured player during the game and nothing showed on this page.

Yep, on the players attributes-profile screen at the part where it details injuries and bans it should say 'player has potential x injury. x = body part with potential injury.

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=8andreasranheim.png

Yep, on the players attributes-profile screen at the part where it details injuries and bans it should say 'player has potential x injury. x = body part with potential injury.

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=8andreasranheim.png

Thanks. Can;t see this image till I get home but I will check it.

Does it always show there? I'm pretty sure it didn;t for my injured player.

Get the little things right and the big things will fall into place. Among others that includes having 11 players in good physical condition so if I have a replacement ready to hand and its not too late in the game (subs need time to make and impact which is why I fail to see the non-time wasting logic of subs in the 80's and later) I'll always switch. Though if there isn't a cross I'll keep him on no matter what the condition. Partly because they'll recover, partly because there isn't a physical problem, partly because its sometimes easy to miss but mainly when I watched 2 friends play each other on 06 and one had a player take a knock which reduced his condition to the 40's, I urged my friend to take him off and the player ended up scoring a late equalizer (I sure, certainly a late key goal).

Before starting a save in Brazil I always subbed them off but that can backfire sometimes. I ended this game with 8 players, 1 of them carrying an injury through the 2nd half because I 'wasted' a sub on Rafael, who could have continued, in the first half.

So now unless they drop below 50% conditioning they're playing on until at least the 70th minute.

Well there's always a risk of that but it's pretty unusual. Maybe not even once a season. Unsure about giving a frequency estimation as its an irregular pattern but maybe once every 1 or 1.5 season.

Well there's always a risk of that but it's pretty unusual. Maybe not even once a season. Unsure about giving a frequency estimation as its an irregular pattern but maybe once every 1 or 1.5 season.

Play in Brazil, happens pretty regularly ;)

That was just the worst its been but I finish with 10 (no sending off) at least 5 or 6 times a season (60 + games between the State & National league) and end with 9 once or twice.

The Brazilian league is insane for injuries and cards, much worse than any other league I've played in.

Archived