option to block search player and staff

As a big LLM player there are some things i would love to see brought in FM10 if that could be possible.

How about an option to turn off the player and staff search option. This will enhance the realism of the game whilst its only possible to recruit new staff by placing adverts en getting new players via scouting.

Another option i would love to see is the ability to make an exact bid. For example now you can only choose 250, 275, 300k etc etc, but as a LLM every penny counts.. so give us an option to type the amount. If i can buy a player for lets say 268k instead of 275 it would make a massive difference for my lower league team.

A third new option i would love to see is a way to let your scout, scout players who's contracts expire withing 6 months. again as a LLM nut these things are really important for LLM

And the final option i would love to see is for the people who love to make careers like myself and who job hop a lot an option to ask a club without a manager if an applyment by yours truly would even be worth it. Normally i have been sacked a numerous amount of times because i applied to a job which i never could have gotten. Or an option to have an agent who gives you a list of possible clubs who might be interested. Nowadays its a guess in the dark actually if the club wants you or not

comments?

Not sure about the last one as I generally wait to be offered jobs rather than apply for them, unless it's a team I'm willing to risk the sack to manage. And the job centre would need improving if staff search was removed. Other than that, all looks good.

I reckon they're all good ideas. The idea of getting an agent to get you new jobs would be good, assuming it was optional. Possibly a chance to get a better agent as you moved up the ranks?

no just no, do we really want to go down the avenue of agents in the game?

no just no, do we really want to go down the avenue of agents in the game?

why not? nowadays these apes take a big part in football transfers and contract negotiations. And it doesnt even have to be an agent. It could just be someone who could find a job for you if you want a new one.

Not so sure about the "exact amounts thing". If you're paying 250k for a player then a few k here and there is no different, and if you're paying below 50k you can already be very accurate.

you are right. so why not implement that up till a million or something?

Good point...

But, its just a way to expand the realism cause in real life managers dont have that kind of option. Now the option is available and it pulls you towards it some times. So with an option to turn it off you wont be drawn into using it. See it as an extra option to make it more realistic

How about an option to turn off the player and staff search option. This will enhance the realism of the game whilst its only possible to recruit new staff by placing adverts en getting new players via scouting.

Not sure why you need the option to turn them off .. surely its just a matter of "have the self-restraint to steer clear of them"? ;)

Another option i would love to see is the ability to make an exact bid. For example now you can only choose 250, 275, 300k etc etc, but as a LLM every penny counts.. so give us an option to type the amount. If i can buy a player for lets say 268k instead of 275 it would make a massive difference for my lower league team.

Yes, I definitely want this!

For example, my current side have a transfer budget of 750 pounds. The minimum increment on the transfer offer drop-down is 1000 pounds. However, I do see transfers happening for odd increments (in game) .. why can't I make an offer for 750? Or a 24-month, 1500-pound offer?

A third new option i would love to see is a way to let your scout, scout players who's contracts expire withing 6 months. again as a LLM nut these things are really important for LLM

Would like that, certainly. It might be a specific instruction you could give:

- Find possible first-team contributors

- Find promising youth players

- Find players whose contract is expiring

For example, my current side have a transfer budget of 750 pounds. The minimum increment on the transfer offer drop-down is 1000 pounds. However, I do see transfers happening for odd increments (in game) .. why can't I make an offer for 750? Or a 24-month, 1500-pound offer?

Okay - just discovered something here.

When I'm on the "make transfer offer" screen, it tells me

"York have a remaining transfer budget of £750."

The "£750" is a link. If I click on it, it sets my bid to the exact transfer budget I have .. which lets me make a bid for that amount.

Typing in the exact transfer fee or the weekly wage was common in earlier versions of CM. I think it would be nice to have it again, just because it's less time consuming. Right now you can chose between a few numbers and then click the + and - icons to adjust, which is sometimes very annoying especially when you are running a lower league club and you are offering just a few 100 EUR for a player.

I'd love to have a "headhunter" for managers and agents for players; it'd be a nice touch of realism for an agent to start a bidding war for his player among top clubs, for example. Right now, five clubs submit and the best offer wins; in reality, the player may give other clubs the chance to match the best offer.

Thinking about this a bit more, I think being unable to search for staff would be overly restrictive unless the "Place Advert" stuff is tidied up a bit.

Continuing to use my stellar £750 transfer budget as an example - going into this season, the contracts of my A.M. and one Coach expired. I placed adverts in late June, just after the "new season" date. However, the only people who applied to my side (playoff contenders, Blue Square Premier) are employed by other clubs.

Since the "compensation" I'd be required to pay comes from my transfer budget, and I essentially don't have one ;), I can't sign any of them.

Staff Search reveals plenty of unemployed Englishmen of an acceptable quality. However, none of them are applying.

Surely they ought to be? I mean, they are unemployed, and I have a job to offer.

I left the adverts running until the first week of August, and having still not received a single unemployed applicant, I stepped out of LLM rules to use Staff Search and sign acceptable candidates. For both, I chose young staffmembers for whom I was their first employer.

Archived