Do you ever feel like reloading?

Started a game as Nantwich Town edited them into the BSN. Have somehow managed to get back to back promotions up to league 1. We started the season very well after 10 games we were in the automatic promotion places, we then had a bit of a slump and fell to 10th we were between 10th and 8th up until Jan transfer window. We signed a striker who didnt disappoint and fired in almost a goal a game this also made us challenge for the playoffs, on the last day of the season we beat a Scunthorpe who were 3rd 4-2 that along with Bradford losing put us into the last playoff place.

We drew Scunthorpe in the playoffs, we beat them 3-0 at our ground adn drew 2-2 with them away. The other semi-final was Millwall Vs Northampton which suprisingly Northampton won. We went into the final confident but went a goal down after 40 minutes, a angry team talk made my Nantwich Town team go for it in the 2nd half and we pulled back to 1-1 the game went onto extra time were we took the lead. Then 5 minutes from the end one of the stars of the season gave a penalty away which Northampton smashed into the goal.

Penalty shoot out came next up stepped our best penalty taker who shot it straight at the keeper we scored all of our penalties after that trouble is so did they. We went out and have to spend another season in league 1. I really felt like reloading but I saved the game straight after the defeat to make sure I didnt.

Does anyone else ever feel like reloading?

Sorry for the length of the post wanted to give a bit of back story lol.

I want to reload a lot when I know that if the match was played again, the result would go my way. I do get frustrated with the game sometimes and often think that reloading will explain things that I want answers to but always manage to resist the temptation.

Firstly unlucky there mate. Times like this do make me feel like reloading, specially when you're so close. What I do is stop playing it for ten or so minutes to let the anger settle down and then it doesn't feel so bad. All part of why the game's so good though, they joy and the despair :D

It's very rare that I get this feeling, but I do at certain times and certainly would if losing the playoff final on penalties.

On the other hand I never succumbed to that feeling :) (or hardly ever ;))

I suppose it will make it sweeter once I do get promoted thats if I do. The ironic thing was it was me who got promoted last season thanks to a playoff win on penalties so I now know how the other guy felt. (thats of course if he was real and not an AI bunch of programmed numbers)

came close recently. i got to the final of the cupa libertadores (at the expense of my league form) and was against santos who have a great side in 2013 on my save. in the first leg away my star striker (who was our only hope of winning) scored twice in the first 20 minutes, then elbowed someone in the face and got a red card banning him from both legs. we tried to hold on but lost 3-2.

the only thing that stopped me is i know if i would have replayed that final and won it would have ruined the game for me. red cards happen, losing finals happen (no matter how many sacrifices you've made to get there) and looking back on it now i'm just happy to have been in the final at all :)

I've reloaded once, after I did a Mancini/Keegan-style resignation after getting humped 5-2 away at Roma when in charge of Celtic. I decided I in fact wanted to carry on there, so reloaded it and made sure we lost heavily again (think it was 4-0 the second time through). My reasoning was I'd have had longer to mull it over IRL, rather than the 10 seconds it spent going Manager>Options>Resign

When I was younger, I used to reload quite alot, but now I never reload because it's cheating. But when I took Nottingham Forest to the UEFA Cup final and lost 3-2 to Man Utd I was really angry but I also saved the game to resist the temptation.

It's best just to try again next season if you fail, eventually you'll get it right and it will feel alot nicer than it would feel if you'd reloaded. :)

I did once, after pounding a nine-man Liverpool for 120 minutes in the FA Cup final (had about 40 shots but just couldn't hit the back of the net from any range), only to then see my defender pass the ball into the back of my MCd, Torres pick up the loose ball, dribble all the way down the flank, pass it back to a partially-injured Gerrard who thumped in a 35-yarder with a minute to go. But it didn't matter anyway, I lost the 'replay' on penalties.

Moral of the story is to not try to cheat the game. IT KNOWS.

Same thing happened to me after back to back promotions I lost in the div 1 play off final. I hadn't lost a home game for 3 years and all my players were happy. Then suddenly everyone got unhappy and had 2 season of winning 1 in every 3 games and finished about 15th! Second time this situation has happened to me. So I deleted the game and am now trying again!!

I've reloaded once, after I did a Mancini/Keegan-style resignation after getting humped 5-2 away at Roma when in charge of Celtic. I decided I in fact wanted to carry on there, so reloaded it and made sure we lost heavily again (think it was 4-0 the second time through). My reasoning was I'd have had longer to mull it over IRL, rather than the 10 seconds it spent going Manager>Options>Resign

i don't think there's anything wrong with this. i do this sort of thing but not matches. in my opinion people should play the game however they want

After fighting from midtable to finish 4th with about 6 games to go, winning the 1st leg 1-0 & then my team falling apart & loosng 4-0 in the 2nd leg made me want to!

Resisted though, still seem to be stuck in the 2nd leg form this season though ha

I don't exactly feel like reloading. The problem I have with reloading is that I know I'd beat myself up about it and end up deleting my save. I just can't justify it to myself like I could when I was a kid. However, there are times when I get desperately frustrated and wish that I could reload and not feel anything. But it isn't possible. I just can't do it.

I used to reload, now I don't. In my experience, if I lose 2-1, but my players play really well etc and I reload, I usually lose 3-0 with a terrible performance and fans screaming for my blood at the end of it.

Don't think I've ever won a reloaded game come to think of it.

Reloading because of bugs are a big grey area for me though. Like the old keeper comes to meet it, freezes on the ball and a striker takes it off him and scores, and it wins them the game. Dunno how to handle that sometimes.

I reload vary rarely (I'm in a save going for near 20 years, I've only reloaded 4 times), and only when something completely stupid and utterly wrong happens that effects the current match. Just reloaded after losing a game 2-1.

93rd minute, we are attacking their end, their CB clears it all the way past half-way, my keeper comes just out of his area, and stands there. The other teams striker is not even past half-way yet. The ball bounces. It bounces again. Still the keeper stands there. The other teams striker is getting closer.

Instead of running ahead a bit more and clearing it, my keeper just stands there, the ball takes just long enough so that on the 4th bounce my keeper kicks it, but it goes straight into their striker, comes off his head or body or something, and slowly slowly dribbles into the net and we lose.

I never reload anymore. I used to do it, and to great effect, but it took the excitement out of the game. It was fun the first season, maybe even the second, but then I realized that reloading to win was just like peeing in the pants on a cold day - it warms you for a second, but then you get really really cold for a long time.

I still get very frustrated when my team is leading the league with say one point, then manage to lose at home to the bottom team, only to be passed by the no2 team who won. Against another top team. Away. With four goals. Or when they have been enjoying a really good run the first half of the season, and we have a shot at the title, but the second half they start playing like a bunch of old grandmas the second half, making us end up at a meager 8th place in the end.

I guess bottom line is that I don't reload any more. Ever. There is always another chance in this game. Always a new season :)

The only times I reload is when my computer decides to freeze/crash and I haven't saved it since my last game. If that last game was a win then I will keep reloading until I get a victory again. I've actually reloaded 12 times once so that my team would get a win they got before the computer crashed.

However, I have been tempted in the past to reload after situations like your's Acid but I have always managed to resist and carry on with my game and just say to myself 'That's football sometimes, maybe next season!'

Very unlucky with your result though but you seem to be making fantastic progress. KUTGW :thup:

I was very tempted last night. I have yet to win the cup in my save, and am now into the 6th season. i won the league unbeaten the season before, and am top again this season with one defeat, yet once again, completely against the run of play, i crash out of the cup early doors despite fielding my best possible team. it was hard to take.

• Administrators

Play-offs are the worst for re-loading - nothing more annoying than getting that close and then having to spend another season in the same league. Even so, makes it all the more sweeter when you fly towards promotion the next season :D

Semi-final of the Champions League against your biggest rivals and you need to win by 2 goals on the night to go through.

In the first 10 minutes someone slips and you concede, then the referee gives a FK for nothing which is blasted in.

Perfect reloading material tbh. :(

Semi-final of the Champions League against your biggest rivals and you need to win by 2 goals on the night to go through.

In the first 10 minutes someone slips and you concede, then the referee gives a FK for nothing which is blasted in.

:D Very funny

If I was Wenger and Adebayor played like that again, it wouldn't be a game I was reloading.

How about reloading not due to a bad result but due to a ridiculous amount of injuries incurred within your team in mere 3 matches. I can't even field a team of 11 players right now, that's including backup players. Not kidding :(

By the way SI, are you planning on looking into this for the next installment of FM?

I reload alot, clearly unfair and cheating when your on fire, top of the league and playing at home, you have all your players in and 100% fit and morale is great and you get rolled 3-0 at home by the 20th side in the league who haven't won a game all season and have 6 players out injured and their 3rd choice goalie has a blinder.

Meh I reload when I see fit. One time I lost a game 6-0 but had 60+% posession and more shots (by a factor of 3 I think), I actually didn't reload that game because it was funny, but this is the sort of situation I consider for reloading. Sometimes the game generates a 'random' match performance. I dislike this, further example: losing 3+ players to season long injuries in the first game of the season. I think if were all being honest we'll admit we reload when we think the result/situation is stupid.

Edit: yanited and Arsenal may hate each other but Arsenals biggest rivals they are not. Also whoever didn't see that result coming wouldn't have the ability to switch a computer on.

All the time like when i've spent the last 3 hours gettin all my team,training,coaches,tactics,friendlies ready at the start of a new game only to get smashed on the opening game of the season or when ive been playin really well then turned the game off all optimistic then when i turn the game back on lose my first game then have an awful run.To prevent myself from cheating after every game i play i instantly save so i dont have time for thoughts about cheating run thro my head

Archived