Do SI think Danny Allsopp is bonkers?

So hears the situation: It's the club World Cup final, at Stadium Australia. It's Champions of England, Europe and the World Derby taking on Danny Allsopp's Melbourne Victory.

One known for dominating Europe into dust and for an impressive goal scoring record of around 3 a game against some of the best opposition in the World. The other known for 6 A-league Minor-Premierships and 4 Premierships in 16 years.

So, what kind of approach would the former Victory star and now manager Danny Allsopp choose according to SI? If you guessed 4-2-4, you'd be correct!

After the first goal slammed past the keeper he decided to switch to a flat 4-4-2 though...

I'm still vaguely confused.

The match went on to end 5-0.

Attack is the best form of defence though....;)

Well... It's almost painful to say but...

...that moment, when I scored and they converted to a flat 4-4-2... Was the 65th minute!

They only fell to bits after they became more defensive!

If they play 4-2-4 get your DCs and FBs to man mark and mark tightly the 2 strikers and 2 attacking wingers. Then have a mcd and a mca and push the wingers higher and the strikers, and play more directly. Attack is the best sought of defence :thup:

Is that Danny Alsopp (sp?) formerly of Man City during they're 3rd/2nd tier era? You must be a long way into the game if he's a manager, nice to see him still about!

That would be and he is currently forming half of the A-League most prolific strike partnership irl at my home team Melbourne Victory. We did the domestic double with him up front last season and two seasons before that. I think he's also won a couple caps for Australia as well.

A double? Are you seriously counting the pre-season cup as a proper trophy?
I think his referring to the fact Melbourne won both the premiership (league) and grand final. Thus a 'double'.

What Starvin Marvin said.

Archived