Manager Interviews

OK, this is Football Manager - you're in charge of the team, the tactics, the players you buy and sell - you do everything a manager does.

However, one thing that just came to me - even in real life when a manager applies for a job, he has an interview, meets the board etc. Could this be built in to the game?

You'd maybe get asked a series of questions, the board can point to your successes (or failures) - it would be simple, like the press conferences and would add realism. I particulalrly think that this would be a good idea when many managers apply for a particular post; your interview could sway, or put off the board, could it not?

Then, as you leave the meeting place, the media are there, they ask you why you're there (would need improved media, we all know that anyway), the tension builds, you want the job but do you want everyone else knowing. Does your chairman know you're there? Was this agreed by him, or were you contacted illegally by the other clubs Chairman, or did you approach the chairman? This all happens in real life.

It wouldn't/shouldn't get boring as it shouldnt happen often.

I've not put this in the wishlist yet, thought I'd get the feedback as it'll get lost in there!

Archived