Work Permit. Again.

So, using Genie Scout I found a nice 17 year-old Serbian that is playing for a small club. OK, so I scout him, my scout says he's the new Farfan/Elano. I send an enquiry to that Serbian club and they respond that they want ~60k. So, I make the bid and sign him. I CLEARLY REMEMBER that his work permit was accepted. Now, the transfer window comes and he joins Spurs. But that small icon "work permit" icon appears next to his name. I can't play him. Why? Why does that icon appear if his work permit was accepted? How can I get the damn work permit one more time? Sell him and buy him again?

If you noticed closely (when you won your appeal for his work permit) you were told that he had to be loaned out to a team that would enable him to get an EU passport.

Look for a Feeder that is in Belgium (or Poland) and you will be able to loan them out for the 3 years.

Problem I find sometimes (most times actually) is that once their 3 years is up I can't renew their contract because they haven't broken into their national side's first team.

You lose them eventually on a free and they get snapped up by others.

Originally posted by uusinjsh:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Look for a Feeder that is in Belgium (or Poland) and you will be able to loan them out for the 3 years.

Will a feeder in Czech rep. be OK? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. You should have a particular Work Feeder club - Belgian, Spanish, Polish usually.

Originally posted by Khyron:

If you noticed closely (when you won your appeal for his work permit) you were told that he had to be loaned out to a team that would enable him to get an EU passport.

Problem I find sometimes (most times actually) is that once their 3 years is up I can't renew their contract because they haven't broken into their national side's first team.

You lose them eventually on a free and they get snapped up by others.

I may be wrong but i think that if you make sure he has a five year contract then you shouldn't have the issue where you lose them to other clubs

Archived