Is there a way to get Del Piero to A Villa or Man City?

He has no interest in joiningg aston villa or man city (season 1) but some of his favorite players like Mauro Camoranesi and Trezeguet are about to sign with other clubs, so I'm wondering if one of those will upset Del Piero, or if there is another one of his favorite persons that if you sign them he will get mad and want to leave.

Also, same goes for Totti. Any way to upset him and get him? (And same goes for any other of the stars in the game who have no interest in signing with smaller clubs but where there's a secret way to sign them)

Thank you

Are he and Totti really this good in real life? i've only watched them a few times recently, but their attributes in FM are brilliant. A few years ago Del Piero was cut from the Italy side for some matches and people were talking like maybe he was past his prime but his attributes are amazing. Is he really this good?

And how can he be gotten?

Are he and Totti really this good in real life? i've only watched them a few times recently, but their attributes in FM are brilliant. A few years ago Del Piero was cut from the Italy side for some matches and people were talking like maybe he was past his prime but his attributes are amazing. Is he really this good?

And how can he be gotten?

Their best years are behind them both now, form wise. But they still have that natural ability, their great footballing minds.

Neither of them will leave Roma or Juventus in real life (like Beckham in 9.1 and 9.2 patches wouldnt leave LA) so its unlikely they'll leave in-game either.

Their best years are behind them both now, form wise. But they still have that natural ability, their great footballing minds.

Neither of them will leave Roma or Juventus in real life (like Beckham in 9.1 and 9.2 patches wouldnt leave LA) so its unlikely they'll leave in-game either.

Yeah but they were wrong about Beckham. Beckham's situation was way different than totti's and del pieros. Totti and Del Piero are both Italian, so they're playing in their homeland, not to mention they've played at juve and roma for ages. Making it so Beckham wouldn't leave is ridiculous. How many times is SI gonna get that one wrong? They had it so he wouldn't leave Madrid to Barca even or Man Utd, and then he left for LA lol. Then they have it so he won't leave LA and big surprise he leaves.

Speaking of, why isn't beckham on loan to milan on 9.3?

But anyway, real life aside... i mean in real life trezeguet and cameronesi probably wouldnt leave juve either but if they did would del piero get mad and want to leave?

thats what im asking. there has got to be one guy who if he leaves juve or roma either totti or del piero will want to leave to.

And there have got to be other examples of this. there have got to be other star players who normally wont sign for aston villa but who will after they're unsettled, and there's gotta be a way to unsettle such players.

Players like Del Piero and Totti (also applies to youngsters like Bojan) are difficult to sign precisely because they are loyal. Even if they are upset and unsettled, they will usually reject external contracts because they wish to consider all possible options. I once tried signing Pato on a free and it took him until the last month of his contract before he agreed to discuss anything, for example.

In practice, though, Del Piero is a professional so is unlikely to throw a fit - I think Totti is on the game as well. Del Piero saw plenty of his fellow players leave Juventus after Calciopoli - and he stayed. It will take a lot more than just players being sold to unsettle Del Piero or Totti. Especially to Manchester City - Juventus start with a much higher reputation than Manchester City, making it even harder.

Even in real life i couldn't see Del Piero leaving Juventus, if he stayed during their relegation to Serie B then i think that just about sums up the character of the man. Juventus till the last.

In game, if Trezeguet and Camoranesi are listed as his favoured personel or he's said they're a vital part of the team then there is a chance he may get annoyed if they're sold. But the sheer professionalism and loyalty of the man will mean he'll quickly get over it.

why would you try and sign those two? they don't have long left until retirement, will cost a lot of money and they aren't intersted in moves away. i would put my energy into signing other players

The only way I can see you being able to do this is to use either an ingame editor or the official editor that comes with the game or an edt file and put the transfer in your self which is obviously cheating. Unfortunately the last two options would mean that you'd have to start your game from the beginning again which is something that I assume you dont want to do.

Well I'm in 2012 with Man City and I have no problem snapping up a 35 year old Totti for £2.4m, his wage demands for a player his age were phenomenal though, at a whopping £92k p/w. Del Piero was retired in my game so I can't try, but I'm pretty confident if he was I could.

The key is to win major trophies and increase your reputation. You can then attract better players to your club which will also help with your reputation. You won't manage to sign the world class players you mention with lesser clubs, so there is no way round it you will just have to make your club bigger. Even if you did manage to unsettle them now (unlikely anyway giving your lower stature), they'd just join someone else instead of you.

I'm not really one for splashing out on already big stars, I prefer to buy youth, but a couple of seasons ago I bought Messi without a problem, and pretty much every big name was available to me (judging by the Player Search with unrealistic targets filtered out) the summer I won my first champions league title.

Casillas is probably the real impossible name to get with this years game (whereas last year I think it was Messi everyone was whinging about not being to buy), I really don't remember if he was available once I won the champions league, but I doubt it.

Archived