I can't get hired?!

After my first season with the south african team carara kicks and ending up in mid table I decided to resign from the team due to horrible finances. I figured I was going to get fired anyway.

Now, I can't get hired with any club, in any division, in any league, in any country. it has been close to a half a year and i am still applying to teams for a manager position. they laugh off or simply don'taccept my application or interest.

is there anything I can do? or simply just wait?

I'm having the same problem, but I started unemployed and still haven't been hired, and I'm almost through the first season. I'm considering just taking over an available team at the beginning of the second season if I still haven't gotten any offers.

UPDATE: I finally got an offer from PortStewart in Northern Ireland.

I do something similiar when managing National Teams...i take the first club job that arises afterwards. It's really enjoyable to manage a 3rd Division Spanish side when not guiding Nigeria to African Cup of Nations victories xD

Note that it is possible to have a setup of leagues and a managerial reputation that makes it impossible to get hired.

For an extreme example, imagine that I set up a game with just the E.P.L. loaded, set my reputation to "Sunday Leaguer", and start unemployed. I'm never going to get hired. My rep is simply so low that I'm not going to be considered as a viable candidate for an E.P.L. club, and there are no other clubs which might make me an offer.

The OP's example, he may have only had a "Local" reputation in South Africa, and been completely unknown elsewhere .. leading to a dearth of job offers from European sides. Not too surprising when you think of it from that perspective .. though certainly frustrating for the gamer!

I think that FM09 has perhaps erred too much in the difficulty in obtaining a job when starting unemployed. I ONLY ever start unemployed, I just couldn't bear the thought of taking another mans job!

It seems to me that linguistic ability has a far greater bearing on employability in this incarnation. Unless you set reputation to 'international' it seems highly unlikely you will even get a lower league offer from a nation whose native tongue you do not speak.

It has severely restricted my options, and although probably more realistic I have to say I am sick of managing Blackpool every time I start a new save!

It has severely restricted my options, and although probably more realistic I have to say I am sick of managing Blackpool every time I start a new save!

I want Blackpool! I only ever get offered Bognor :p

I want Blackpool! I only ever get offered Bognor :p

I started wih the full database and unemployed. I got a job with the south african team Carara Kicks. I resigned after the first season, had a good mid table position, however my finances were vey very bad. NOW, I apply to all the available jobs all over the world in any league and division. I even declare interest in clubs that have job security at insecure, very insecure and precarious. I always get laughed at or the application is unsuccesful.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO? wai? or start all over again. Are there any settings I can change?

I am actually a danish citizen and started unemployed. and I guess I was lucky to get the job withsouth african team carara kicks. but i understand what you are saying, i might have to start all over again. Am i able to change my settings as far as rep goes and experience?

Note that it is possible to have a setup of leagues and a managerial reputation that makes it impossible to get hired.

For an extreme example, imagine that I set up a game with just the E.P.L. loaded, set my reputation to "Sunday Leaguer", and start unemployed. I'm never going to get hired. My rep is simply so low that I'm not going to be considered as a viable candidate for an E.P.L. club, and there are no other clubs which might make me an offer.

The OP's example, he may have only had a "Local" reputation in South Africa, and been completely unknown elsewhere .. leading to a dearth of job offers from European sides. Not too surprising when you think of it from that perspective .. though certainly frustrating for the gamer!

danish citizen, this was my first team coming from unemployed, full teams,countries, leagues and divisions data base..the big huge database!

Dpeneds on your experience, nationality and what leagues you have loaded :)

congrats...what were your settings?

nationality, experience, database etc etc?

how long did it take you?

when i started unemployed it didn't take too long before i got an offer from Carara kicks.

I resigned and now can't get anything! and its been over a half year now.

I'm having the same problem, but I started unemployed and still haven't been hired, and I'm almost through the first season. I'm considering just taking over an available team at the beginning of the second season if I still haven't gotten any offers.

UPDATE: I finally got an offer from PortStewart in Northern Ireland.

any suggestions besides starting completely over?

The suggestion I might make is: retire your current manager and add a new one to this saved game.

Manager | Options | Retire ... will dispose of your first manager, and

Options | New User ... will allow you to create a new one

This would let you keep the current game world, time invested, etc., whilst adding a new manager. You can start him unemployed or have him take over a club or a nation, just like starting a new game.

congrats...what were your settings?

nationality, experience, database etc etc?

how long did it take you?

when i started unemployed it didn't take too long before i got an offer from Carara kicks.

I resigned and now can't get anything! and its been over a half year now.

I'm on another game now. I junked that one since there weren't many available teams and I couldn't get another job. I had all home nations loaded with the top leagues from France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, and Spain. My reputation was automatic, so lowest possible.

It took almost the entire first season to get that first offer. I couldn't save the team from relegation, so I resigned and the only offers I got were from crappy Northern Irish clubs. No other teams were available. I tried another club that had no players and no staff when I took over. Needless to say, we were relegated 2/3 of the season in, so I resigned and holidayed the rest of that season. The following season, there were no available teams, so I quit the game and started another.

I think this is one of the cases where using an editor isn't cheating. Grab FMRTE and boost your reputation up several notches - you should be able to get a job then (and you can then knock it down later if you wish).

Just holiday until you get a job offer whilst applying for all jobs.

THEN go down the pub and leave it on, a few hours later you get in and you should hopefully have a job offer.

I've done that before. Start a game and holiday it all night while you sleep or all day while you're at work. I do that sometimes when I'm running holiday game experiments.

I've done that before. Start a game and holiday it all night while you sleep or all day while you're at work. I do that sometimes when I'm running holiday game experiments.

Yeah it works a treat. Went out for a kick about with some mates and left FM on with me on holiday. Accidently had apply for all jobs clicked(force of habit and was in a hurry) and came back to realise i got sacked for applying for about 7 jobs. Went from Newcastle manager to Torquay boss :)

Started with Sunday League rep and it was only near the end of my first season.

EDIT: Must say i only left it on as there were about 3 games left and i had nothing to play for.

Yeah it works a treat. Went out for a kick about with some mates and left FM on with me on holiday. Accidently had apply for all jobs clicked(force of habit and was in a hurry) and came back to realise i got sacked for applying for about 7 jobs. Went from Newcastle manager to Torquay boss :)

Started with Sunday League rep and it was only near the end of my first season.

EDIT: Must say i only left it on as there were about 3 games left and i had nothing to play for.

Oops! Yeah sometimes you need to watch what you click. I've done the same thing myself. I got resigned once after relegation was confirmed, and went on holiday to finish out the season, only I had left "apply for all jobs" ticked, so I ended up applying for my old job. Imagine my surprise when I returned to the game only to find myself back at my old job with my newly-relegated club. :eek:

Of course, it didn't matter anyway since once the season ended, I was sacked again. :D

The suggestion I might make is: retire your current manager and add a new one to this saved game.

Manager | Options | Retire ... will dispose of your first manager, and

Options | New User ... will allow you to create a new one

This would let you keep the current game world, time invested, etc., whilst adding a new manager. You can start him unemployed or have him take over a club or a nation, just like starting a new game.

YOU CAN DO THIS????

that is so cool!!!!

Going to do it in FM10

Yeah, you can also add a second or third manager and wind up managing more than one team.

I had a blast in FM'08 with a save in which I started off with I think about six national team managers. It went swimmingly, until they all got club jobs as well ;) and even then I was having a lot of fun with it, it just took me forever to complete two full seasons! :D

Archived