min number of goals

if i have singed a striker for free then got him down for 40 goals for 40 million n he is on 39 goals i carnt aford to pay the money n he scores what happenes?

You're screwed basically mate, I think you will go in the red as you have to pay back the other club as part of your contract.

if i have singed a striker for free then got him down for 40 goals for 40 million n he is on 39 goals i carnt aford to pay the money n he scores what happenes?

Your balance will dissapear, unless your Man City who's owners will inject more money into the club raising the balance to 50m :thdn:

Unless you want to go into the red then your going to have to stop playing the striker until you can afford to pay the fee or you sell him.

Moral of this story is to not make bids you cant afford to pay :thup:

You will pay out, and then go bankrupt.

Good luck. :thup:

(Rangers refused to play Michael Ball for this same reason. They didn't have the money to pay the appearance fee to Everton once he had played the required amount of matches, so they simply didn't play him)

so if he gets that goal west ham football club just kinda die?

Well you will go into debt and then if you cant pay that administration and a points deduction:thdn:

I would avoid playing him unless you absolutley have to and hope he doesnt score if you do.

I remember when David Platt signed Stern John for Forest. He had a clause in his contract which meant a similar thing, so Platt had no choice but to not play him. He'd already crippled us, financial wise, buy signing poo (Petrachi, Matrecano) for stupid amounts of money, so the board couldn't afford the payments when he reached the appearance/goal mark (i can't remember which it was). So he left for pitance when his contract ran out.

Looks like you'll have to sell him if you can't afford the £40 million.

Simple answer. You got him for free, if he is a decent player then sell him now.

That way you have made a profit of 'x', with 'x' being how much you sell him for, and then just use the money to go and buy another striker but this time do it properly and not for a 40 mill goal bonus LOL

Surely he must be worth something if you offered 40mill in goal bonus.

I'd be interested whether you cant exploit that, eg always offer a huge amount for goal bonus for 'free' and then sell on for profit. Or to sell someone with an internation bonus knowing that you manage his home country team, and then just play him for one game so you can cash in :p

I had this problem in a few games ago, friend of mine decided to sign someone from Madrid for a stupid amount when I nipped to the shop, and when he played 10 games I had to pay them £60mil. I wasn't happy but the transfer fee wasn't that bad so i figured why not. It was only by chance that I noticed the clause before his 10th game. Sold him instantly lol...

Archived