What leagues and database do you run?

For some reason I've said this twice already today:D I'll just quote my post from the Harpenden thread;

Large database

Leagues loaded

England (all divisions)

France (top division)

Germany (top division)

Holland (top division)

Italy (top division)

Portugal (top division)

Scotland (top division)

Spain (top division)

All players from

Argentina

Belgium

Brazil

Chile

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark

Egypt

Finland

Greece

Hungary

Ivory Coast

Malta

Mexico

Nigeria

Norway

Poland

Reunion

Romania

Russia

San Marino

Senegal

Slovenia

Sweden

Yemen

I have no idea how long a season takes, because I switch between here and FM so much.

All players from Yemen? Any reason for that?

I wanted to see how good players they have in the domestic teams. Same with Malta. For what it's worth the quality isn't bad, but they don't want to join BSN/BSS teams. I reckon it'd be worthwhile loading there for a BSP/L2 team.

Also, I like Yemen because it has a cool name.

Reunion have loads of good lower league players though. Almost every player there is free and joins any BSN/BSS team.

Large Database and:

Both Holland leagues

All Belgian leagues

All English leagues

All German leagues

All Italian leagues

All Spanish leagues

All Scottish leagues

All Irish leagues

All Portuguese leagues

and All French leagues

I load English leagues down to BSN/BSS. Italian top 2, Spainish top 2 and all players from Reunion, Argentina and Brazil on a large database takes about 8 hours a season maybe a little less.

I have a pretty fast computer so I only loaded a few leagues as I dont plan on leaving my current team Nantwich Town and want to do a long term game with them. I usually load a few more leagues from europe but sometimes I just want the game to fly by.

On my laptop I load large db with England (To Coca Cola League 2), Spain to adelcante, and Australia (all)

then load all French, German and South Americans

btw is there anyway to change whichleagues are loaded?

btw is there anyway to change whichleagues are loaded?

Not once a game has been started unfortunately. I would love the ability to add/remove leagues when you want during a save game. It would potentially mean being able to play in any nation and league without the worry of having it slow down massively and have a 10gb size save-game. Although it would be a huge task to implement correctly so not something i would expect to see in the near future, if at all.

All leagues.

All players loaded from all nations.

Large database.

I'm at January 2014 after 11 days 15 hours effective playing time. Maybe not the fastest, but it works fine for me and I simply love how many possibilities I have. :)

and so I take it no way to add more 'load all players'?

I'm pretty sure that's not possible either. Wouldn't mind being able to do this as well, especially if you fancied managing a national team without the required numbers.

All leagues.

All players loaded from all nations.

Large database.

I'm at January 2014 after 11 days 15 hours effective playing time. Maybe not the fastest, but it works fine for me and I simply love how many possibilities I have. :)

What spec is your computer?

Small DB.

England (League Two), Italy (Serie B), Spain (La Liga), Scotland (SPL): Playable

France (Ligue 1), Holland (Eredivisie), Portugal (Sangres), Germany (Bundesliga): View-Only

But most importantly, as I learned from Amaroq, is the Detail Level. I set all league and competition on None. Only when I have players playing on that league (loan, etc) will I activate them. I run this from an Acer TravelMate 6923 on Windows 7, running silky smooth.

What spec is your computer?

Interl® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz, 2.00 GB RAM

And I run XP and have a 900gb disk (almost empty)... Ehr... If there's any more relevant specs you'd have to tell me where to find those! :o

Medium Database

Top 2 Leagues from:

Argentina, Holland, Spain, Italy, France

Top 4 leagues from England and alle players from Brazil loaded.

Is there btw a guide for how many leagues you can load? It seems some people got a lot of leagues

I usually load:

Brazil (top league)

England (top 3 leagues)

France (top 2 leagues)

Germany (top 2 leagues)

Greece (top league)

Italy (top 2 leagues)

Portugal (top league)

Russia (top league)

Spain (top 2 leagues)

and All Players from Cyprus.

Also, large database.

Candre168 - similar laptop to mine. I say somewhere around 10-15 leagues with medium or large database (getting slower towards 15 with large and fairly decent with 10 and medium). You might be able to get away with more depending on your tolerance for processing speeds. I'm going on the cautious side here.

C.

Candre168 - similar laptop to mine. I say somewhere around 15-20 leagues with medium or large database (getting slower towards 20 and large, and fairly decent with 15 and medium).

C.

Thanks. I just created a new save, I have 16 leagues from 11 nations, on a large database atm. Since it's a new save I don't mind going back and re-creating it. Should I load less leagues or am I oK?

• 3 weeks later...

If I want to play only in England, starting off Unemployed, But for a really long game e.g. 2040 at least if I load England all Leagues and no other leagues but add all the players from all the big countries, does this mean that with a large database I will have loads of players to start off with, but the regen talent will only come from England or will having the "all player" option mean that those contries keep making good regens for a longer career?

The second option, Noddy. Players will keep coming through, but not as quickly. TBH, you'll want more leagues than that for a career game.

I normally load around ten leagues, but I've been known to load 50.

All players from England, Brazil, Argentina and Liechenstein, large database.

On my old PC I'd load England (League 2), Italy (Serie B) and Spain (Liga BBVA only) with a small db.

The second option, Noddy. Players will keep coming through, but not as quickly. TBH, you'll want more leagues than that for a career game.

I normally load around ten leagues, but I've been known to load 50.

All players from England, Brazil, Argentina and Liechenstein, large database.

On my old PC I'd load England (League 2), Italy (Serie B) and Spain (Liga BBVA only) with a small db.

Ok so what about if I load all the leagues in England (so 7 leagues) plus , top league in Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Holland, (so 13 leagues total) with a large database. Do I need to add the "all player" options for these countries and others like Scotland and Greece to ensure that regens will appear more at random rather than just the countries I've selected leagues in so I can play the long game?

Archived