Opening Loading sequence

Hey,

I have recently noticed that my game takes ages to load up (I dont mean my save, I mean FM itself). It goes through all the words in other languages that equal loading in English!

Even when I click the mouse many times or press esc it does nothing.

Is there a way to disable the loading movies? Would that make it any faster?

cheers

I don't know if you still can, but in old versions you could delete the opening 'videos' from your computer, thereby forcing the game to go straight to the menu. If you still can do so, I wouldn't recommend it though, for various reasons.

i find that sometimes fm tries to access the internet. dont know why, especially when i dont have an internet connection, but i minimise the screen when its on the loading screen and its got the pop up asking me if i want to give it permission to access the internet. but it basically pauses like that until i say yes or no.

i find that sometimes fm tries to access the internet. dont know why, especially when i dont have an internet connection, but i minimise the screen when its on the loading screen and its got the pop up asking me if i want to give it permission to access the internet. but it basically pauses like that until i say yes or no.

You probably click on media hyperlinks in text or ad board in matches?

I don't know if you still can, but in old versions you could delete the opening 'videos' from your computer, thereby forcing the game to go straight to the menu. If you still can do so, I wouldn't recommend it though, for various reasons.

Why wouldn't you recommend it?

Why wouldn't you recommend it?

1) I don't think SI would appreciate me saying how to do such a thing on this forum

2) The loading video in particular shows for a reason, I believe. Who knows what could result from deleting it? Might cause a crash or error somewhere in the program.

I guess someone could be a guinea pig and back-up said files before deleting?

1) I don't think SI would appreciate me saying how to do such a thing on this forum

2) The loading video in particular shows for a reason, I believe. Who knows what could result from deleting it? Might cause a crash or error somewhere in the program.

Isn't the reason for it to advertise?

Fair points, especially number one. You were nice and discreet until I came blundering in with my size twelves. :o :D

C.

I'll try that too. I wish the thing would speed up, or at least SI could provide some video or something to watch while it loads.

What I actually do is read through some pages I saved while online - either footie news or posts from this very site!

Archived