Regens and other Scouting

This is more than likely in the wrong place...but bear with me =P

One of the things I really enjoy in FM is finding foreign, talented teenagers and creating Footballers of the Year and the like. I have a minor problem...I'm sorta bad at it. So to help my Scouting attributes increase I think I need to clarify a few things.

1. Regens

a) Where and how do I find good ones

b) Which leagues are best

2. Loaded Leagues

(big)

a) Can somebody explain the appearance or lack thereof of players if they're league isn't loaded (cuz some players I want to scout aren't there)

b) How many leagues should I load before...well...my computer has a heart attack

And lastly...any good scouting tips?

thanks a lot!

It all depends on how good your computer is... I'm running everything and it goes fine. :)

You should focus scouting to clubs with really good Youth Facilities... 'cos those is more likely to produce good talents.

Regens start getting generated in the second season (some may get generated in the first season if you don't have a youth players) and have the facegen faces.

A good regen can appear anywhere, though the higher the reputation of the club and the better its the facilities the chances of getting good regens are better. (i.e. AC Milan have a better chance of getting a world class regen than say Berwick Rangers - thats not to say Berwick will never get one they may).

Regens in active leagues will tend to come into the game at 15/16, regens in none active leagues can be older (18/19 but not always can still appear at 15)

If you don't load a league it will only load famous players in that league (the exact amount depends on the leagues you have selected and database size).

How many leagues you can load depends on your system specs and how fast you want the game to run (plus how far you want to go, as the game will get slower each season).

For scouts get as many as you can and send them out scouting, scout active leagues first, and then big leagues, Africa and Asia never seem to bring up many players that my scouts can find when playing in England.

do you load the leagues or "load all player from"?

I would load at least the top leagues from the big footballing nations. Using the "load all players from" can unbalance the game if you use obscure nations. You'll have an abnormal amount of players generated from those nations. With the top leagues loaded, a more realistic amount and quality of players will be generated.

At least that's my opinion. Your experience may differ.

The board won't put more into your transfer budget just because you ask for less salary. They'll blow it on booze and burds.

The higher your salary and longer your contract, the more they'll have to pay you off if they sack you. Therefore, it makes your job more secure to bag a big salary.

Archived