injuries

im playing origional 09 and every time a player performs in a few games he gets injured for 2 weeks or a month. it always seems to be the best players. every now again ill get a 4 month injury

the computer team against me seems to take its chances more than i do.

cant seem to win a away game, i can be 2-1 up and they always equalise in injury time

08 is a fairer game whats going on cos i dont usually suck at fm

ive brough teams up and got consecutive promotions, cant seem to get anywere in 09

Do you have a point, or is this a complain about everything post?

I get few serious injuries - under the average for my league. I have good training facilities, a well-thought out training programme, get the squad prepared in pre-season - generally follow the good advice I've gleaned from these forums - especially the training and tactics forum. That's the best place if you want constructive advice how to do well.

im playing origional 09 and every time a player performs in a few games he gets injured for 2 weeks or a month. it always seems to be the best players. every now again ill get a 4 month injury

Install the latest patch.

the computer team against me seems to take its chances more than i do.

Maybe they have better strikers?

cant seem to win a away game, i can be 2-1 up and they always equalise in injury time

Check your team's stamina and concentration. Make use of the 'Time wasting' tactic.

08 is a fairer game whats going on cos i dont usually suck at fm

ive brough teams up and got consecutive promotions, cant seem to get anywere in 09

Check out the tactics forum for some helpful advice. Might want to take a look at the Good Player guide as well.

I can understand your frustration on the injuries, I am at West Ham and obviously dont have millions for star players to act as cover andthe injuries are killing me and my enjoyment. Dean Ashton, fair enough but I have just played 4 games this afternoon and lost Dean Ashton, Craig Bellemy, Matthew Upson, Mark Noble (4 months), Lucas Neil, Scott Parker (out for 3 months after coming back from a 2 month layoff), Daniel Opare (came on for Neil and got injured lol, ok maybe his age but have run out of backups).

I see that this may have been addressed in 9.0.3 (thats the 3rd update isnt it?) which i guess is good unfortunately no good for me as have a god awful connection and just see its 240mb approx. Its a pity it wasnt discovered earlier.

As for the other probs, last minutes goals etc I have been on the receiving end but also have dealt them out myself so thats just part of it. With the chances I have seen good and bad, i just played Middlesbrough who had lost 13 on the trot, we had 12 shots on target and no goals, they had 3 and scored them all but against Arsenal we did that, had 2 shots and scored both in a game Arsenal dominated but failed to score.

Anyway this is not a pop at FM so if this is like the old days on the FM forums please pm all death threats, offers to meet and do me over etc lol.

ARRGGHHH why me, it gets worse.

After my first season which was plagued with injuries i managed to keep nearly all my first team injury free from end of Jan to April and we were on fire and on the last game on the season we pipped Man City to 4th spot. Board only gave me £16m so i sold a few and bought 1DC, 1ST, 1AMC, 1AML - guess what 2 friendlies into 2009/10 and all 4 have just been injured along with Etherington, Ashton (again), Noble, Green (training injury).

Thinking of jacking this in if this is how the game is, can understand some injuries but this is beyond a joke. I remember an old game, Football Director I think it was, where you could buy insurance for players. If this option was in FM2009 my club would be crippled by the premiums.

Maybe its something that will be addressed in FM2010.............fingers crossed.

After my first season which was plagued with injuries i managed to keep nearly all my first team injury free from end of Jan to April and we were on fire and on the last game on the season we pipped Man City to 4th spot. Board only gave me £16m so i sold a few and bought 1DC, 1ST, 1AMC, 1AML - guess what 2 friendlies into 2009/10 and all 4 have just been injured along with Etherington, Ashton (again), Noble, Green (training injury).

Maybe its something that will be addressed in FM2010.............fingers crossed.

If you went a season with hardly any injuries it doesn't look like there is much to sort. You've just been unlucky.

yeah unlucky is def the word here lol. i only managed 3 months with nearly what i would call my first 11 but the backup players were mainly youth team so by the end of the season my players were knackered. i know the game likes to be realistic and i cant fault the rest of it at all but just seems a bit extreme on injuries. just really annoyed me at the start of this season, west ham in champions league and with a bit of cash i thought i could really do something with them but losing all my new signings was a right kick in the teeth.

Archived