Only a few questions

Hello All,

As the title says really just wondered about others peoples views....

1. When it says the board reccomend your have no more then so many coaches do you listen?

2. When looking for players do you filter unrealistics targets or do you un-tick this?

3. And lastly if two players are quite alike but you only need/want to keep one how do you go about choosing?

Thanks for any in-put :thup:

1. In most cases you have no choice - they will cancel any new deals. This was introduced in FM08.

2. Depends on the competence of the assman.

3. Consider all the factors - his attributes, personality, form etc. If there's virtually nothing to separate them and they are young, I'd go for better DETERMINATION since it will mean he improves more in training. Maybe.

Cheers hamilton,

but regarding the player filtering whenever i do it they always dont want to join and it gets closer and closer to the transfer deadline i end up not having brought anyone in

You need to plan ahead! I arrange most of my transfers before the transfer windows open, so they join me the day the window opens rather than when it closes.

Offer your coaches Asst Man jobs, when they accept the job you have more coach vacancies to fill. Then when you fill the coaching vacancies offer all the Asst Managers jobs as coaches which they will accept,

There is (or was, maybe) a bug whereby you could have as many assistant's as you wanted. Not sure if this was fixed for 9.3, but I remember seeing someone post a screenshot of his staff page for a lower league team not so long ago - he had over 10 assistants.

There is (or was, maybe) a bug whereby you could have as many assistant's as you wanted. Not sure if this was fixed for 9.3, but I remember seeing someone post a screenshot of his staff page for a lower league team not so long ago - he had over 10 assistants.

Well in my defence when I started at Internacional they already had two assistants. :p

I got a question of my own , when i select my squad , i always choose basically the fittest team , to a certain degree. For example , if i had a world class winger who was at 87% , i wouldnt select him , maybe give him a two match rest. I always want my players to be over say 94% , but obvisly when im left with little choice that goes down a bit towards the end of the season. Is it perfectly oright to play players under 90%?, im just lost on the idea what "match fit" really is, have i been to strict?

It depends Dan. You could certainly play a goalkeeper with 90% condition with no ill effect, and probably a DC too. However a winger or wingback would use up much more energy. You have to take stamina and natural fitness into account too.

Also tactics - high tempo, low time-wasting, closing down and forward runs all use more energy; if your players are at 90% you could lower the tempo to conserve energy.

Conditions - players will get much more tired on a soggy muddy pitch or in cold weather (or too hot).

You have to take all these things into account rather than just a simple condition stat.

Archived