European Champions expansion?

My game is into 2030 and the European Championships still use 16 teams, though my game was started with patch 9.0.1, so it's possible new games started with 9.0.3 (or 9.0.2) may introduce the changes.

Competition changes are normally added into the game if they were officialy confirmed in time.

EDIT: It was official announced in Sept08: http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=64/newsid=754190.html so it may have made it into one of the later patches.

I've just noticed in my game that the Euro Champship Qualifers seem messed up the first year of qualifers (2012) had groups of 8 and 7, then from 2016-2024 qualifers used groups of 6 and 5, yet the last two competitions have gone back to 8 and 7, what are everyone elses qualifying groups like?

My game is into 2030 and the European Championships still use 16 teams, though my game was started with patch 9.0.1, so it's possible new games started with 9.0.3 (or 9.0.2) may introduce the changes.

Competition changes are normally added into the game if they were officialy confirmed in time.

When the 7 sub rule was brought in it would be added to the next new season if playing a game that starts on a previous patch, so I would imagine it would come into play at the next EURO competition. Which suggests it isn't in the game.

Archived