'Real Champions League'- An FM09 Experiment

Hey guys. I am planning on doing an experiment where I will place each national champion (of a playable league) into a league system. I'm not entirely sure which country to do yet but I'm tempted by Scotland as there are 4 divisions but only 40-50 teams. I will standardise things like training/youth facilities and transfer budgets to attempt to give the smaller teams a chance of competing at the higher level. Before I start I just want to see if there's enough interest to warrant me putting the time in, although I'd probably just do it for my personal interest if none of you are interested :). If you guys have any feedback that would make it better feel free to post. I will start editing the database tomorrow because its a bank holiday :D

think the best one is the Premier League in England, mainly because it has the most money and reputation in it. Even if you edit the Scottish League's Reputation, the fact that the clubs wont get as much money will mean the teams will lose the majority of their players.

I see your point, I just didn't want lower league teams coming into it but I guess I could add champions from other countries in

That would work, the champions from countries that didn't make it into the original list. And maybe to bulk out the lower leagues have the second placed teams from the countries involved too, could be interesting to see Juventus for example get promoted into the higher leagues and try to catch up with champions Inter.

I'd think that would work fine. The problem would be though which teams would be promoted into the BSS and BSN. For the integrity of the experiment to be kept more teams fitting in with the theme of the experiment would have to be added in. You wouldn't want a league with the second place teams from Romania, Croatia, Switzerland etc to suddenly have say Burton Albion promoted into it.

That shouldn't be too difficult to fix, if I put a few more teams in the leagues below the BSS and BSN with a higher rep than the current teams that should work, although correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not an expert on the database

i for one would be interested to see the database when you are finished making it. sounds like a good idea. if you did have burton albion pop up, it would only really be for one season, as they would be playing against teams of a far higher quality.

I'm about to start testing the database, it's thrown up some interesting scenarios. Arsenal, Barca and Juve in the BSP for example. Theres also some rather weak teams in the Premiership like last years Russian champions Rubin, while Zenit and AC Milan are nowhere to be seen. I will simulate all leagues down to the BSP but there are teams in the BSN and BSS to be promoted up. I will start a new thread with screenshots etc. later

Archived