Complaing about a Ref

I beg to differ skingegg. If you complain about the referee, the concerning player likes you and you get a PR icon next to his name saying that he thinks it's great that you support him. At least, that's what happens mostly.

I must admit that I've also been in a situation where I was complaining about the referee and my players thought I was being unprofessional.

Utterly pointless feature.... if your right and the ref was cack... nothing happens

If your wrong and the ref did a good job......... you get a warning and/or fine and a touchline ban. :(

Thats real life for you, in fact Jenas was actually being investigated after he made comments that Webb's decision to award man utd a penalty was wrong, even though Webb admitted it.

I think that complaining about a ref could go further.

For example, If I complain about Ref X, and a few weeks down the line Ref X is in charge on my match, the ref may feel under pressure to give you some generous decisions. Or maybe it could work the other way with the ref maybe holding a grudge, leading to more problems with that ref and bad decisions.

in the old SI days of championship manager you were able to complain, it depends how you use it to how useful you'll think it will be, but if SI add everything asked for we'll have a whole new game!! lol, cheers for the replies tho peeps

I still don´t get why the whole FA interaction concept was removed... It was great you could complain about referees, request matches to be postponed and it should have been improved to include mores stuff instead of removed...

in the old SI days of championship manager you were able to complain,

That was different though. Back then, a manager could make a complaint direct to the F.A. and the game reflected that. Then Referee Assessors were introduced, watching the ref's performance from the stands and managers were no longer able to complain directly to the F.A. Which was reflected in the game by the removal of the ability to complain to the F.A.

So unless the real world ability to make an official complaint directly to the referee's superiors returns, the media will remain the mechanism for frustrated wailing.

However, whilst the above stands true for the U.K. leagues, it's possible that there are different mechanisms in place in different countries. It might be possible in the future that some FM leagues will have the ability to complain directly to that countries F.A. and in others the only outlet be the media. In others it could be that the manager gives the referee a grade post match. And though it would add to the games depth to have such different systems in place where appropriate, I suspect that the execution could be more complex than the simplicity of the concept suggests.

Archived