Ideas for Future Versions of Football Manager

Would you like to see this feature implemented into future versions of FM?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this feature implemented into future versions of FM?

• Yes, I would like to see this in Futute Versions of FM
    • No, I wouldn't like to see this in Future Versions of FM
    • I am undecided as to whether it should be included in Future Versions of FM

Hi :)

I have an idea that i think would improve the game.

When telling a scout to go to a specific region, you should be able to tell him to find players of, for example "Leading League 1 Standard" or above.

Also, when you are filtering players on the player search screen, you could filter them so that only players of, for example "Good Premiership Standard", are viewable.

Please post and vote in the poll, thanks :thup:

I think the scouting is decent in 09. However I do think the game should take into account attributes instead of CA when looking at a player.

Time to re-write the way the match engine instructions are interpreted (no more sliders)....

....and a VAST improvement in the 3D match engine, both graphically and with sound.

We do not need many extra features for 2010.

I would like to see a lot more animations around the stadiums...flares, streamers, media, fans etc.

I would like to see stadium editors (through the editor not in game) so people can make stadium packs.

The more we move away from glorified spreadsheet to a better graphical representation the better!

way to hijack the thread Ezequiel (incidentally, is Lavezzi any good IRL - Man Utd/Arsenal aways used to nick him in FM 06 IIRC?)

On topic - I don't think your scouts are deliberately finding you sub-standard players: they go out to find the best available, and along the way they note any potential reserves or promising youth. Set them basic minimum attribute requirements if you wish to filter out dross.

If the game starts doing stuff like sorting all the players in the world into ranks then it takes away half the point of the management: you've got to be able to judge who is a good-premiership-standard player for yourself. Some managers can't and that is why you get flop signings, even by the best managers.

I often get excited by good technical skills and and end up with a great player who always decides to shoot from 50 yds, or to take on the entire opposition by himself, or to dawdle on the ball. Sir Alex Ferguson got blinded by Veron's technical ability and ignored his awful determination, work rate, teamwork etc. Neither of us has a filter to cover for us - long may it stay that way.

Besides, ideas of "good premiership standard" will differ - I kept Dean Whitehead in my championship-league winning side because I liked his teamwork and work rate - my ass man and coaches told me to sell him. (Sorry for the long post)

Archived