Idea for FM10 - Team Talks

First of all, I'd like to make reference to this thread as I think that it's a great idea and should be seriously considered. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=32577

But there is one point I'd like to add to this.

I've just been watching Lpool vs Newcastle and Duff is playing LB to replace the injured Enrique. Duff is obviously an unnatural LB, and he isn't get much help from his LCB and LM. I'd like to suggest a more specific team talk than "I expect more from you!"

If a youngster or a player who is rated as awkward is playing in a position (e.g. LB), then you could ask surrounding players (e.g. LCB and LM) to help them out. This could be particularly useful in bleeding in a youngster or tutoring a new position.

What are you thoughts?

Team talks need to be COMPLETELY remade.

I would like feedback from the players directly to me while the team talks are underway.

Example

Manager to Player X "I would like to see more from you out there"

Player X replies " Yes boss, however I need more support from out wide "

or

Player X replies " Mate, I am tired, out of energy and carrying a knock, take me off!"

It should still be a motivating tool for the game, but also technically and tactically it could be beneficial to get some feedback, especially heated comments (to improve the link between manager and player), team bonding (understand why people are upset etc) and know DIRECTLY and on the fly what players are thinking, their feedback and who actually speaks up for themselves. A players Influence, Determination etc could have an influence as to how much feedback you get.

i think SI are just treading the water with it, with people suggesting things on this forum it will more than likely be developed, hopefully the manager(cant rememeber his name) who now works with SI can suggest some good things

I'd also like to be able to give a player the overall team talk, combined with an individual team talk. IRL it's unlikely that the manager is going to send a player out of the dressing room, give the rest of the players a chat, then send everyone else out and give him his personilized chat.

Possibly combined with the OP, so that more than one thing can be said in each team talk. i.e. 'Your doing well' and 'don't get complacient' could be the answer to what to say as a team talk when winning 2 - 0 at half time

i think SI are just treading the water with it, with people suggesting things on this forum it will more than likely be developed, hopefully the manager(cant rememeber his name) who now works with SI can suggest some good things

Ray Houghton, Liverpool legend. I think he's mostly there to work with the match engine though.

This isn't my antology btw, but I remember once, Amaroq created a thread on team talks with loads of different options. Somebody pointed out that "all that can happen, in simplistic terms is "performance gets worse by X" and "Performance gets better by X" (X can be zero ofc). So adding extra options will just make it more complicated, harder to understand, etc."

E_L- blimey, that's asking for a lot! Good ideas (though the "I've got a knock" suggestion is basically redundant) but I don't think we'll see anything that advanced that works for at least five years, proabably more.

Ray Houghton, Liverpool legend. I think he's mostly there to work with the match engine though.

This isn't my antology btw, but I remember once, Amaroq created a thread on team talks with loads of different options. Somebody pointed out that "all that can happen, in simplistic terms is "performance gets worse by X" and "Performance gets better by X" (X can be zero ofc). So adding extra options will just make it more complicated, harder to understand, etc."

E_L- blimey, that's asking for a lot! Good ideas (though the "I've got a knock" suggestion is basically redundant) but I don't think we'll see anything that advanced that works for at least five years, proabably more.

That is the thread that I've made reference to in my original post. I agree, it's a bit in depth, but his ideas are better than what we've got now.

EDIT: No it isn't, that's the one I meant to make reference to though :p

Archived