Indian League Player Names

I would love to meet a guy called Subhashish Roy Chowdhury :D (greyed out player)

Agreed, you'd have to offer him a contract tbh :D

silva_gunner, welcome to the forums. :). Are you sure thats right though? I have a sikh in my year at school with the surname Tattar, is it because he lives in England?

I would give all players nicknames, I can imagine what the matches are like...

'Singh in possesion in mifield ... across the park to Singh, on to Singh. Singh coming forward ... Great cross from Singh ... Singh heads it ... off the bar! ... Singh on the rebound ... WOW, what a goal by Singh! A great passing move featuring all ten of their outfielders!'

I would give all players nicknames, I can imagine what the matches are like...

'Singh in possesion in mifield ... across the park to Singh, on to Singh. Singh coming forward ... Great cross from Singh ... Singh heads it ... off the bar! ... Singh on the rebound ... WOW, what a goal by Singh! A great passing move featuring all ten of their outfielders!'

I think they would call them by their first names.

Agreed, you'd have to offer him a contract tbh :D

silva_gunner, welcome to the forums. :). Are you sure thats right though? I have a sikh in my year at school with the surname Tattar, is it because he lives in England?

:cool: I'm Sikh, but I don't use Singh when I tell people my name.

Some sikhs use it some don't. It's not like a surname, but a middle name give to Sikh boys, it means lion ;)

Being half Indian,we have a lot of variations in surnames.Singh is just a common name in Punjabi's(Sikh's).The aforementioned club is JCT Mills,which is based in Punjab itself.We have a non existent transfer market,and our clubs rely on youngsters,and 90 % of the locals are Singh,so there you go

Tbh I haven't done much with the save yet. Just felt like giving it a shot, managing a team in the Indian league as well as the Indian National Team to see if I could make any progress with them. But yeah, the quality of the players is pretty bad, but I do have a couple kids that look like they've got some potential.

So you've established that Sikhs are all names Singh. What nobody's pointed out yet is that JCT is located in the Punjab, the homeland of the Sikhs. The players all have common solid Punjabi names. It's a common name for Hindus too.

Nb. Do a search - IIRC there's an Indian player named 'Bungo Singh'!

And yeh, the quality of football is truly awful - which can make it a great FM experience!

being half indian,we have a lot of variations in surnames.singh is just a common name in punjabi's(sikh's).the aforementioned club is jct mills,which is based in punjab itself.we have a non existent transfer market,and our clubs rely on youngsters,and 90 % of the locals are singh,so there you go
so you've established that sikhs are all names singh. What nobody's pointed out yet is that jct is located in the punjab, the homeland of the sikhs. The players all have common solid punjabi names. It's a common name for hindus too.

Nb. Do a search - iirc there's an indian player named 'bungo singh'!

And yeh, the quality of football is truly awful - which can make it a great fm experience!

:D

Archived