English Leagues

sorry if this as already been mentioned but why don't SI add to the english leagues

we already have steps 1 and 2 of the non league system but why not drop down to step 3

meaning 3 new leagues would be playable

Northern Premier League

(UniBond League)

Premier Division Southern League

(British Gas League)

Isthmian League

(Ryman League)

SI have said that if the research is good enough and the coding isn't too difficult there is always a chance they could add new leagues.

But, seeing as even some BSS/BSN teams don't have researchers, a lot of work would need doing so it's unlikely that it will be added.

It's funny how you English are suggesting that there aren't enough English leagues in FM, while we only have 2 professional leagues IRL here in Holland to choose from, one of 18 teams and one of 20 teams. And of those 38 teams about 10 have no more then 4000 spectators a week and 4 of them are VERY close to bankrupcy.

Not to critisize you in anyway, just wanted to show you another perspective ;)

It's funny how you English are suggesting that there aren't enough English leagues in FM, while we only have 2 professional leagues IRL here in Holland to choose from, one of 18 teams and one of 20 teams. And of those 38 teams about 10 have no more then 4000 spectators a week and 4 of them are VERY close to bankrupcy.

Not to critisize you in anyway, just wanted to show you another perspective ;)

To be fair the game is made in England and focussed around the English game, I would suggest that there are more FM players in England than any other country. It's to be expected that SI will concentrate on the leagues that have more demand.

For two reasons, firstly because they want to please as many fans as they can and adding more leagues to the English game will please a lot of fans.

Secondly because there are probably more researchers for English teams.

Oh it wasn't meant as criticism at all, just wanted to point out that you should be very pleased about how many leagues and football clubs you actually have in England. The situation is really dramatic here at the moment. Both IRL and in FM. But that's hardly SI's fault. In fact I think the Dutch leagues are overrated in FM big time.

Oh it wasn't meant as criticism at all, just wanted to point out that you should be very pleased about how many leagues and football clubs you actually have in England. The situation is really dramatic here at the moment. Both IRL and in FM. But that's hardly SI's fault. In fact I think the Dutch leagues are overrated in FM big time.

I know you weren't, I was just explaining possible reasons as to why England have more leagues. :)

It's possible that countries like Holland may be developed in the future, but without researchers SI can't do anything.

To be fair the game is made in England and focussed around the English game, I would suggest that there are more FM players in England than any other country. It's to be expected that SI will concentrate on the leagues that have more demand.

That doesn't mean we (referring to the english) all want to play in english leagues constantly which to be honest are pretty dull. There are other leagues that could very easily be researched and added such as top level european leagues of various balkan and baltic countries and larger asian and african countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

That doesn't mean we (referring to the english) all want to play in english leagues constantly which to be honest are pretty dull. There are other leagues that could very easily be researched and added such as top level european leagues of various balkan and baltic countries and larger asian and african countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

No, but there will be more interest in a new tier of English football than Egyptian (imo), especially seeing as the game may not even be sold over there!

I mean, look at Dafuge's Challenge. It starts from the lowest you can go, and it is probably the most popular challenge about. Lower league games are actually quite good fun, I've got a BSS game going at the moment.

As a person who has never managed in lower league version, it wouldn't interest me at all if lower English leagues were to be added. I would like to see more leagues added in lesser reputable leagues such as Holland, Scotland etc. I think it's a little unfair that there are only two of these but several for the English set-up. But hey, what do I know? Considering I'm English, I know very little of lower league football/management.

As I said, lower league management isn't something I've done as I'm a journey man manager who travels around Europe (In the top divisions). FM is good for me that way because I made myself a rule were what ever league I manage in, I change the language into the relevant. Speaking a few languages helps of course. :)

Ok so it would be rather pointless to go lower in Holland or Scotland becuase the lower leagues don't have promotion to the higher leagues, but why not more asian leagues like the Uzbekistan league, or even in Europe why not add the Cyprus league seeing as one of their teams qualified for the champions league this season. Honestly there are many more leagues i would rather see added ahead of more english leagues.

For two reasons, firstly because they want to please as many fans as they can and adding more leagues to the English game will please a lot of fans.

Secondly because there are probably more researchers for English teams.

yes, the game is made in England and there are 6 leagues. Did you see another country with more than 4 leagues in the game? Maybe there are other people on this planet wanting to play this game, not just from England. I'm playing with Farsley in BSN although I'm from Romania. SI made the game for the whole world , not just for England. There are already lots of leagues in England

I would like to play as a lower team, it would add an extra difficulty to the game, but also I think that I'd rather they focus on the game itself than adding more and more leagues. Its ok giving us more teams and leagues to play with but I'd rather have a bug free game with cool features to play them on. Such as making the lower league match day experience much more realistic, it feels the same wherever you play atm.

I'd like to see more leagues from all over the world tbh. Even if you're afraid to leave the EPL there are a lot of people who like to take a trip on the wild side with players they can't even pronounce and rules they'll never fully understand.

yes, the game is made in England and there are 6 leagues. Did you see another country with more than 4 leagues in the game? Maybe there are other people on this planet wanting to play this game, not just from England. I'm playing with Farsley in BSN although I'm from Romania. SI made the game for the whole world , not just for England. There are already lots of leagues in England

Surely you have backed me up there?

Not only do many English play in Englands lower league, but even people from other countries do.

There may be more English leagues than anywhere else, thats because they get used more. A new level in England would get used more than African leagues (etc) imo.

Surely you have backed me up there?

Not only do many English play in Englands lower league, but even people from other countries do.

There may be more English leagues than anywhere else, thats because they get used more. A new level in England would get used more than African leagues (etc) imo.

I'd rather have new African leagues than more English leagues. But that's just me, I don't really enjoy the English leagues. Indonesia has been my favourite on FM09.

More African leagues would mean more possibilities for rancer's African/Asian challenge :)

I'd rather have new African leagues than more English leagues. But that's just me, I don't really enjoy the English leagues. Indonesia has been my favourite on FM09.

More African leagues would mean more possibilities for rancer's African/Asian challenge :)

Sorry to go off topic, but what is Indonesia like? I've always fancied a game there. What are finances, stadiums and players like? :)

Sorry to go off topic, but what is Indonesia like? I've always fancied a game there. What are finances, stadiums and players like? :)

To begin with, finances and players are poor. The top team has a value of £4.2m roughly at the start, a few other clubs in the top division have ok finances, but outside of that you have to build your wealth up yourself. In the 2nd and 3rd tiers, the standard of play is awful, so it's best to sign a load of newgens from the trial day. For some reason, clubs don't get youth players through, but loads are created to be signed on frees each year.

The stadiums are generally big, the team I took over when they got promoted to the 3rd tier had a stadium of 15000+, with over 2000 season ticket holders. Not a great income with low prices, but as you move up the leagues this gets useful.

I found it's quite easy to make a good profit over time. The newgens are generally of a higher standard than the best Indonesian players at the start of the game, and I found some world class players. I never spent more than £100k on a player, and sold players on for up to £5m :)

Another plus is that there's a good chance of becoming World Champions; if I managed it with an Indonesian club, there has to be a good chance ;)

Archived