Icons and Legends...

It's strange, I was quite exited with how they split the the favoured personnel into 3 this time around and was quite exited to see some players actually appear there, or at least a couple.

I have however found that in order to even reach favoured personnel takes either luck or a rediculous achievement for the club. Somehow 9 Premier League titles, 10 Champions League titles etc. isn't enough for me to make Derby's favoured personnel. Though that I can overlook, however out of all of the players that have played under me the following are the ones that have made it to favoured personnel so far:

For those opposed to player naming I've changed the names of the real players, noted by the Italics.

Jerry Sargent: One season, played a bit above average, wouldn't exactly call him that star.

Alvaro: Good player, been there since he was 19. Deserves to be there.

Vincent Kelton: Very hot and cold, ended up leaving a few years later and without significant achievement to his name.

Larry Da Silva: Again, not the worst choce, did well, played 400 odd times. Good player.

Ivan: Took 450 apps and 100 odd goals (and 3 World Player of the Years and 2 World Footballer of the years) to make it though.

However, whilst this seems all well and good, when you see some of the players on the actual list and what they comparitively achieved (in icons and legends)... This seems rediculous, especially considering there are some far better candidates:

Ivan Alexander: 700 straight appearances for the club, been Captain for 400 of them. Major force in the clubs rise to the top.

Lorenzo Guignard: 23 year old Forward with 314 appearances and 140 goals for the club, having played his first match (and scored his first goal) at the age of 15.

Ted Walton: Played 340+ games for the club being the team's star for many seasons and most notably, signing on a free from title rivals Arsenal.

Peter Patterson: Signing on a free, he went on to score 104 in 255 appearances leading the side to their first 2 titles and Champions Leagues.

Dragan Bundovic: The heart of the defense for coming on 10 seasons now, Dragan has notched up a casual 504 appearances for the club.

Just seems a bit strange what it takes for players to be considered an icon of the club.

Some of the original db contents for this needs looking at too...

for example Everton don't have a single club legend, according to the game.

Not sure what the likes of Dixie Dean, Alan Ball, Neville Southall etc would say about that :p

For Derby, in they are defining legend like this it might be understandable for me to not have one yet (apart from me) with the likes of Clough and Bloomer.

However this does need looking at.

Also, there needs to be dynamic rivalries. Coming and going as circumstances change. Sure, some will never change, but some may. For example, with having Leicester in the same league for 2 season, some people already don't give two ***** about them.

I think this is a little more complicated. I received a message telling me I had become a Spurs legend but I just don't show up on the lists. I then had a stadium named after me as "Tottenham's greatest ever manager". I think the bug is simply that the name does not appear on the list even when the in-game calculation has acknowledged you as a legend at a club.

I'd love to see the Dynamic Rivalries.... When you take a Low League Club up into the Prem you often leave your rivals behind... all 3 of mine were in League 2 or below. Now I have no official Rivals in the EPL but I see Ipswich as my main Rival now, followed me up from League 1 into the Championship, then into the Prem and we've been having 1 win and 1 lose each season. All being very heated affairs where normally someone will get sent off.

I always look forward to meeting them, especially as this season I managed to beat them in the League cup final for extra braging rights, the manager, Steve Bruce, hates me too lol. It would be fun if there was more weight behind those matches.

As long as it was done right and you didn't eventually end up rivals with every team in the league cause you just know this will happen if its not done right lol.

Well, at the current time Arsenal would probably be my biggest rivals. However, instead me and Carlo Ancelotti (who's been the Arsenal manager since day one) are currently best friends and have a great mutual respect...

...yeah!

Archived