The following teams will be in FM10 after their promotions.

Staines should never be allowed to be a part of FM after the way they treated me :mad:

Ok, you aren't the only one either.

I took them to the playoff final, which I lost in extra time. 10 games into the next season, I was sacked being 18th, when they wanted mid-table:mad:

Ok, you aren't the only one either.

I took them to the playoff final, which I lost in extra time. 10 games into the next season, I was sacked being 18th, when they wanted mid-table:mad:

I got sacked for taking them to the Premiership and keeping them there.

Seriously, this happened. A new board took over and replaced me as manager, despite me taking them all the way through the leagues to the Premiership.

Staines is a dirty word as far as I'm concerned.

so that makes

Eastwood Town - Unibond Prem Champions (this is a team with a massive fan base for this league - excluding FCUM - and fair few bob in the bank..they let their fans in free for the last 2 games!)

Ilkeston Town - Unibond Prem Playoff Winners (also a very good side)

Corby Town - Southern Football League Champions

Gloucester City - Southern Football League Playoff Winners

Dover - Isthmian League

Staines Town -Isthmian League Playoff's

so that makes

Eastwood Town - Unibond Prem Champions (this is a team with a massive fan base for this league - excluding FCUM - and fair few bob in the bank..they let their fans in free for the last 2 games!)

Ilkeston Town - Unibond Prem Playoff Winners (also a very good side)

Corby Town - Southern Football League Champions

Gloucester City - Southern Football League Playoff Winners

Dover - Isthmian League

Staines Town -Isthmian League Playoff's

and the thing is about ilkeston and eastwood they are both fierce rivals so to both get promoted is very good for my/that area:D

One team who won't be playable, despite not finishing in a relegation place, is King's Lynn. Apparently, the Conference have decided that their ground isn't good enough and have kicked them out of the Blue Square North. For all those people desperate to manage Hyde United on FM2010, you'll be pleased to know that this means they won't be relegated.

and the thing is about ilkeston and eastwood they are both fierce rivals so to both get promoted is very good for my/that area:D

haha i no...when they meet in the league the attendance was around 2200!

and eastwood brought a huge following to my local team, Buxton

One team who won't be playable, despite not finishing in a relegation place, is King's Lynn. Apparently, the Conference have decided that their ground isn't good enough and have kicked them out of the Blue Square North. For all those people desperate to manage Hyde United on FM2010, you'll be pleased to know that this means they won't be relegated.

I wonder why?

According to FM they have a 1200 capacity, surely that is good enough?

If it's safety then it shouldn't matter what league they are in, they shouldn't be able to play at that stadium whatever.

I honestly don't know what the reason is. It's weird that they were allowed in last summer and then booted out a year later. I know that they plan to appeal and are considering taking legal action against the Conference.

similar thing is happening in the unibond league..Cammel lairds are being relegated (they finished 1 or 2 places ABOVE the relegation zone) because they ground is to rubbish..but they did have a season to upgrade it so.. yeah

Also worth noting, is that Team Bath will no longer be a Blue Square South Club next season. Despite a good finish this year, they have decided to resign from the League, due to the Conference Premier League Board ruling that due to the set up of the Club, they are ineligible for further Promotion.

For those that are not aware, Team Bath are a Club that represent the University of Bath; whereby young-ish 'ex-professionals' who didn't quite make it in the game, were offered opportunities to train/play full time, whilst also studying for various qualifications at the University of Bath. As the Team were effectively funded through tax-payer's money, this created much bad feeling amongst other Clubs in their division, which ultimately led to the League's investigation into the structure of the Club and subsequent decision to bar them from further progression up the leagues.

The decision to withdraw the Team completely though, was at the discretion of the University Board.

So I guess that either means one less Relegation, or a further promotion for someone next Season in the BSS.

one less relegated. it always is. look at altrimham (cant spell it for love nor money). they survived in the league for 3 straight season dispite finishing in the relegatipon zones purely due to teams who all had 2 be relegated for money reasons....

Staines is a dirty word as far as I'm concerned.

I hate them as well

I am a Stockport fan, and you may know the story, it was well publicised, and the game itself was shown on Sky Sports. We drew Staines in the FA Cup 1st round, and we drew at Edgeley Park due to our ridiculously inept goalkeeper. We went down to west london for the replay the following Monday, and it was called off. So, we went down again 3 days later, where the biggest away following (on a thursday evening by a team from 200 miles away) they've ever had were shoved in the far corner of an uncovered stand. Of course, the game was dire, and we lost on penalties:thdn:

I honestly don't know what the reason is. It's weird that they were allowed in last summer and then booted out a year later. I know that they plan to appeal and are considering taking legal action against the Conference.

I think the reason is they were told by the Conference to do upgrade work on their stadium and have it completed by April 1st and they haven't done it. To be fair they told the Conference it wouldn't be done by then but would be done by the start of next season.

I wonder why?

According to FM they have a 1200 capacity, surely that is good enough?

If it's safety then it shouldn't matter what league they are in, they shouldn't be able to play at that stadium whatever.

its not safety as i live nearby and go to a few of there games and when oldham played against us a few years back in the cup we had something like five thousand fans there that day an that was fine.

so the problem is just that we havent been able to do upgrades that the fa would like but i hope that they see sense an let us stay in the league as we have just achived our highest ever league finish so to do that but still be relegated would be a great shame. because we are a team with great potential as we have just finished our season with an average attendance of just under a thousand which is really good an last season we had an average attendance of just under 2000 when we won promotion.

Im gutted my Non League Local Side Bradford Park Avenue drew with FC United last week therefore blowing anychance of a playoff return to BSN.

Guisley may make it though :D

Yeah, my local Hemel Hempstead Town lost in the play off semi's in the Southern League Premier Division. They coulda been promoted to the BSS:(

its not safety as i live nearby and go to a few of there games and when oldham played against us a few years back in the cup we had something like five thousand fans there that day an that was fine.

so the problem is just that we havent been able to do upgrades that the fa would like but i hope that they see sense an let us stay in the league as we have just achived our highest ever league finish so to do that but still be relegated would be a great shame. because we are a team with great potential as we have just finished our season with an average attendance of just under a thousand which is really good an last season we had an average attendance of just under 2000 when we won promotion.

Kings Lynn

I read that they were simply a few days late with submitting the paperwork to the League and that they'd guaranteed the upgrade would be done in time. Very harsh, but the letter of the law I guess (for the small teams outside the EPL).

Still, I see Ben Dover and Seaman Staines are inseparable gain ... :eek:

On the last BBC non league podcast the chairman of Kings Lynn was interviewed. He said the reason for the demotion was they were told by the Conference to carry out certain ground improvements by April 1st but because their ground is owned by the local council and all improvements have to be done by the council, there was no way they were going to be able to do the improvements by that date. Kings Lynn informed the Conference of this and that the improvements would be made by the first game of next season but the Conference had stuck to that date and carried out the demotion. He said they were going to appeal but he wasn't too hopeful. Felt sorry for them because he said it has took them 50 years to get this promotion.

Woo, after 15 years of CM/FM I can finally play as Gloucester City! Just hope we get some sort of clarity on the new ground by the release date, it'll be a right pain being stuck in sodding Cirencester with them...

Incidentally, I was heading home through the Valleys on Sunday and I found a little village that we really must invade and set up a football club in; just north of Abertillery, the village of West Side...

Dover Athletic managed of corse by ex Gills legend Andy Hessenthaler (sp? lol)

104 points they got this year I think? Two back to back titles, I was there when they got award the title last year and I was with the travelling fans Sittingbourne :).

0-2 to Sittingbourne that day!

Yeah, my local Hemel Hempstead Town lost in the play off semi's in the Southern League Premier Division. They coulda been promoted to the BSS:(

:o I didn't know about that. One of my local teams. Someone I know plays for them too.

It's going to be a tough job to organise the BSS and BSN next year with all the financial issues. I think Hyde have started the winding up process and may disappear in a few weeks. I've got no idea what will be done to replace them.

Archived