Oh bother...

2023 was a big year for Team Bath, they won the Europa League and finished fourth in the Premier League. I was relishing the prospect of Champions League football next year. However, next year comes around and I'm back in the Europa League, what!!?? I had no idea what was going on, I was about to complain that my game had stuffed up on here... then I realised Man United had won the Champions League the year before but had finished 5th in the Premier League, the spot below me. Yet because of the returning champions rule, and each country only being allowed 4 teams in the competition, I have been robbed of the CL!!

I hate Man United :(

I remember the spanish FA kicked Zaragoza(I think it was them) out of the champions league to put Real Madrid in before they came up with this official rule.

Yes, to massive compensation from the Spanish FA, and no doubt a few brown envelopes from Real Madrid too!

Haha in a hilarious twist, the very next season Manchester United finished fouth in the league but will miss out on the CL because Liverpool, who finished 5th, won the Champions League. I put my everything into making sure I wasn't in the same situation and managed third, Champions League here I come :)

You hometown team should be Bath City not the team from the University! ;)

And I think the majority of Bath City fans are quite pleased that Team Bath are out of the Conference. :D

Maybe he lives on campus?

Actually, if I lived in Bath, I would probably have gone to most of their home games this season. The tickets for a current student at U of B are ridiculously cheap! About £1 a game apparently. :D

Football for £1! Couldn't say no to that! :p

C.

Yeah, lower league is really good most of the time below blue square i never seem to see many goalless draws:)

IRL you could get relegated in any top European league and qualify for the Champions League. It's the football association that decides what sides that want to enter in the competition. But Uefa over ruled them to say the holders have to be in.

Archived