Football fan, Which England club meet my demand ?

You could look at Reading or Cardiff and the like... Kinda tough as there's quite a few 'ok' teams in the championship, the level is pretty similar across the league, any team could win it really.

Edit: If you want a big fan base then go for the teams who have been in there a few years and the ones who had spells in the premier league (Like Reading)

Newcastle, they have loads of fans but most are idiots.
Championship and above

Never won any big cup

Has a lot of fan

Have big transfer budget ( not important )

Newcastle don't meet the criteria, considering they were huge a decade ago...

You could try a team like Pompey... ?

Hull have never won the Prem and have a massive fan base. Coventry are a good team to manage as well :thup:

Would agree with Hull meeting the criteria for sure. Not sure about their transfer budget in game, but I'd imagine it will be decent.

I'd say Birmingham, Wolves, Reading or Sheffield United in the Championship and maybe the 3 promoted teams Stoke, Hull and West Brom in the Prem, aswell as Portsmouth, Fulham and West Ham. I agree with jack man and CaptainPlanet, Newcastle would provide a good challenge, and although they might have been quite big a decade ago as JDownie said, they have nothing to show for it, IIRC they haven't won a trophy since 1969.

Because they think they are a big club and they have a divine right to be in the Premiership.

Think you need to broaden your thoughts sunshine, most of us know we are bad and its only a few that give the impression of what your thinking! Its very hard for someone who is not a Newcastle fan or from the area to understand exactly how much has gone on this season, and perhaps people should get both sides of the story rather than popping shots at the fans all the time!

Because they think they are a big club and they have a divine right to be in the Premiership.

Typical ignorant unknowing fan.

We all know we are rubbish! Most of our fans think we are going down.

And would Doncaster meet the criteria?

Think you need to broaden your thoughts sunshine, most of us know we are bad and its only a few that give the impression of what your thinking! Its very hard for someone who is not a Newcastle fan or from the area to understand exactly how much has gone on this season, and perhaps people should get both sides of the story rather than popping shots at the fans all the time!

Ok then what has gone on that I wont understand because I'm not a Geordie?

Hate to break it to a few people but West Brom have won the FA cup of that much I'm certain, and possibly the top flight of English football. Stoke are quite a good shout, get full capacity every game of 27,500 and you still see a hell of a lot of games around 25,000 when in the relegation zone.

Cardiff & Swansea are two reasonably good shouts it depends what you are looking for because do you consider 15k attendances a lot etc or what. Within reason you can say pretty much any championship team bar a few who won trophies many years ago are all reasonably big teams and well supported its just a matter of needing some success to bring them back to the stadium.

Newcastle have never been big - and reputation/status has nothing to with the initial criteria, they haven't won any "Big Cups" so they fit the bill perfectly.

Apart from the old First Division 4 times, the FA Cup 6 times and the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup once. Making them the 7th most successful club in English football, IIRC. Do your research mate, we may be a joke now, but it wasn't always that way.

Edit: On topic, I'd recommend Reading, had a good game with them back on 9.0.1

Newcastle fans are proud of their team and believe they can be better than they are, whats wrong with that?

Not true, most Newcastle fans love their club but hate the idiots and wasters it currently employs. We know we're terrible, and we're very, very used to it.

I still think they're too big to go down.

No club is to big to go down. Whatever happened to Leeds :D Most Newcastle fans think they're too good to go down and believe Shearer can keep them up. TBH Shearer is not a good manager and has just been brought in to motivate the team and fans whilst Dowie makes all the tactical decisions.

On topic I wouldn't choose Newcastle because of Ashley :D

Hate to break it to a few people but West Brom have won the FA cup of that much I'm certain, and possibly the top flight of English football. Stoke are quite a good shout, get full capacity every game of 27,500 and you still see a hell of a lot of games around 25,000 when in the relegation zone.

I would have to suggest Stoke aswell but I dunno if they fit the criteria of having a big enough transfer budget!

Depends which patch you use, 9.3 they have nothing to spend, but earlier on in the season you can get 6/7 million if memory serves correctly.

Current (08-09) English league clubs to have never won the top division, or the two main cups:

Accrington Stanley

Aldershot Town

Barnet

Bournemouth

Brentford

Brighton

Bristol City

Bristol Rovers

Carlisle

Cheltenham

Chester

Chesterfield

Colchester

Crewe

Crystal Palace

Dagenham & Redbridge

Darlington

Doncaster

Exeter

Fulham

Gillingham

Grimsby

Hartlepool

Hereford

Hull City

Leyton Orient

Lincoln City

Macclesfield

Mansfield

Millwall

Morecambe

Northampton

Oldham

Peterborough

Plymouth

Port Vale

Reading

Rochdale

Rotherham

Scunthorpe

Shrewsbury

Southend

Stockport

Swansea

Tranmere

Walsall

Watford

Wigan

Wrexham

Wycombe

Yeovil

All other clubs have won at least one top division championship, FA Cup or League Cup.

No club is to big to go down. Whatever happened to Leeds :DMost Newcastle fans think they're too good to go down and believe Shearer can keep them up. TBH Shearer is not a good manager and has just been brought in to motivate the team and fans whilst Dowie makes all the tactical decisions.

On topic I wouldn't choose Newcastle because of Ashley :D

Who? Show me one (other than the jobless idiots on SSN). I certainly don't think either of those things are true.

Archived