Does quitting the game reset your form?

This might sound like a stupid question but hear me out...

I was playing last night for an hour or two, as you do, and I was doing pretty darn well... I'd beat Chelsea, Utd and Aston Villa all convincingly and all was well in the camp.

I turn it back on this morning for a quick bash before the football and we suddenly started to play really badly, we drew 2 0-0 and won one 1-0, not the form I saw last night and against very much inferior opposition.

Did turning the game off make me lose my form or am I just paranoid? It would explain why people quit when they lose I guess but I always assumed that was reloading the save as i've only ever done it twice back when the injuries were shocking and i lost loads after internationals.

Heh, I used to think the same thing about CM95/96 back in the day. If I was doing well I'd just keep going and going. Coming back to it a day or two later would almost certainly end up with an inexplicable drop in form. Honestly though? I'm sure it's just a psychological/superstition thing.

No, no, it's true. It's a piece of code somewhere in the software that nobody has been able to find. Some set of variables that get reset each time you quit the game or something of that sort. It doesn't always have an effect though so I don't think SI are too worried about fixing it.

C.

Snigger. Chortle!

Hehe i used to think this in the old CM 99-00 and 00-01.

I'd go back to an old save game after 4-5 weeks and suddenly scrape to draws and struggle to score after going on a run of stonking wins :D

No, no, it's true. It's a piece of code somewhere in the software that nobody has been able to find. Some set of variables that get reset each time you quit the game or something of that sort. It doesn't always have an effect though so I don't think SI are too worried about fixing it.

C.

I believe in random number generators. And am a firm believer in wearing a tinfoil hat. ;) Saving and quitting when in a bad streak helps a lot. It assuages my need to believe the gods are conspiring against me, and gives me chance to chill out and reassess what is going wrong, usually resulting in better form.

Archived