Conceding from kickoff?

This seems to be way too frequent. Bug or just me?

I wouldn't be saying anything except after a 4 - 0 hammering from Blackpool, using the same tactics that won me 7 games in a row, I decided to change a few players and tactics around. The game after once again I conceded from kickoff within 30 seconds against huddersfield.

My players wipe the floor with them stat wise and morales pretty good due to the winning run. The tactics have been mostly solid, but no matter what I use with what team, I always seem to concede goals in the first 30 seconds about 4 to 6 times a season?

This might not seem like a lot, but I don't remember seeing more than 1 in the entire La Liga/Premiership/Championship season in real life put together!!!!!!!!

This seems to be way too frequent. Bug or just me?

I wouldn't be saying anything except after a 4 - 0 hammering from Blackpool, using the same tactics that won me 7 games in a row, I decided to change a few players and tactics around. The game after once again I conceded from kickoff within 30 seconds against huddersfield.

My players wipe the floor with them stat wise and morales pretty good due to the winning run. The tactics have been mostly solid, but no matter what I use with what team, I always seem to concede goals in the first 30 seconds about 4 to 6 times a season?

This might not seem like a lot, but I don't remember seeing more than 1 in the entire La Liga/Premiership/Championship season in real life put together!!!!!!!!

Do alot of your players have low concentration stats? That would be one of the main reasons for conceding so early on in the game. Also, if you have your defensive line set too deep or to push up too far then there is going to be space infront of your defence(too deep) for attacking players to expose you and run at you or space to knock the ball over the top(push up) for a quick attacking player to run on to! You have to find the right balance in my experience. Making sure your defenders have high concentration attributes is key though.

Hmmm.

I'm using usually bog standard 4-4-2's with different team instructions... but in the simultaneous games they were different instructions and different players. I'd understand it if my tactic left holes, but this seems to be more random than that. Almost like a stat for chance they'll score from kickoff and it's way too high!!! :p

I don't think my wardrobe can take it anymore :p

And as I type this my start gets injured again. 2 injuries a game isn't fun either!!! Sort it out SI!

Do alot of your players have low concentration stats? That would be one of the main reasons for conceding so early on in the game. Also, if you have your defensive line set too deep or to push up too far then there is going to be space infront of your defence(too deep) for attacking players to expose you and run at you or space to knock the ball over the top(push up) for a quick attacking player to run on to! You have to find the right balance in my experience. Making sure your defenders have high concentration attributes is key though.

DR: 14

DL: 15

DC: 12

DC: 14

MC:12

MC: 12

They're the concentration stats for the players I used in the first game (half of which is the same for the second).

Also defence wasn't moved more than a notch or 2 below default.

Note I'm Leeds in the championship so I'd assume the above stats are ok!

DR: 14

DL: 15

DC: 12

DC: 14

MC:12

MC: 12

They're the concentration stats for the players I used in the first game (half of which is the same for the second).

Also defence wasn't moved more than a notch or 2 below default.

Note I'm Leeds in the championship so I'd assume the above stats are ok!

Those stats do seem adequate enough for the Championship. Are the goals you are conceding mistakes from your own team, the opposing team just running straight at you and tearing your defence to pieces or long range wonder goals?

Those stats do seem adequate enough for the Championship. Are the goals you are conceding mistakes from your own team, the opposing team just running straight at you and tearing your defence to pieces or long range wonder goals?

Kind of like a goal you'd score from kickoff on fifa.

A few passes through my defence, resulting in a through ball, shot inside area and easy goal really!

Marking and tackling settings aren't aimed at the first 30 seconds however, and I'm all over the opposition for the rest of the match (except for blackpool). If I change tactics to combat this direct issue, I may be compromising my other 89 minutes :S. It just shouldn't happen as much as it has. Maybe concentration isn't taking into effect enough?

Kind of like a goal you'd score from kickoff on fifa.

A few passes through my defence, resulting in a through ball, shot inside area and easy goal really!

Marking and tackling settings aren't aimed at the first 30 seconds however, and I'm all over the opposition for the rest of the match (except for blackpool). If I change tactics to combat this direct issue, I may be compromising my other 89 minutes :S. It just shouldn't happen as much as it has. Maybe concentration isn't taking into effect enough?

Have your players tighten up at the back at the start of the game with tight marking on their strikers and have your midfielders/full backs close down often so the opposition don't have too much time on the ball. After the initial 10mins or so, if you haven't conceded a goal change back to your original tactic to go on and 'dominate' the game ;)

Lol.. that seems like a lot of effort to go to every single game! And to be honest I can't imagine in real life after 5/10 minutes the manager would be shouting from the sidelines "we've survived the first 30 seconds so now revert back to normal" lol!

The tactics that work for 89 mins should work for the first min? I don't see why there's a difference?

Lol.. that seems like a lot of effort to go to every single game! And to be honest I can't imagine in real life after 5/10 minutes the manager would be shouting from the sidelines "we've survived the first 30 seconds so now revert back to normal" lol!

The tactics that work for 89 mins should work for the first min? I don't see why there's a difference?

Alot of manager IRL like to keep things tight in the first 5mins or so they don't fall behind and have to chase the rest of the game. If you don't want to set this up every single game then make a tactic that you find works for the first 5/10mins and save it as a tactic so you can quite easily select it at the start and then after you have survived the initial 10mins you can revert back to your other saved tactic. :thup:

Archived