hugest dilema ever?

well i am currently managing cardiff city and have brought in a lot of good brazilian youngsters and after finishing 4th in prem league after a few years i finaly got champs league and well after finishing 3rd in my group and onstanlt flirting with mid table i feel maybe ive done all i can for cardiff and then along comes a job offer from man united with £118mil transfer budget offering me the job to take them back to top (liverpool wining everything at mo) and well as im a man u fan i am constantly torn? Do i stay with my youthful brazilian babes or go join the theatre of dreams and take them back to the top?

Any suggestions?

Well you said you think you've taken Cardiff as far as you can so take the Man Utd job. With the £118m budget you could easily bring some of your 'Brazilian babes' to Old Trafford and bring them back to the top. :thup:

Edit:- Duckers beat me to it :rolleyes: it is still early though :p

Taken Cardiff as far as you can? You havent even won the league or won the champions league, ive managed that with AFC Wimbledon so you can do it with Cardiff.

Also, if you wanted to play with Man Utd why not just choose them at the beginning of the game? For me there is no challenge in playing as a big club with hundreds of millions to spend!

So to answer your question stick with Cardiff and attempt world domination! Trust me it will feel better than 'achieving' that with Man Utd.

simple answer would have been save game, take the job at man u, save game under a different name, its a win win

I did this once in FM08. I think i was in 2016 or something and middlesbrough got relegated to Leauge one and went into administration getting 10 points deducted.

I was currently manager of Arsenal and won the leauge four time on the trot with a bit of everything else too, so decided to carry on with that but also take the boro job on another save to take them back to the Premierleauge. This wasn't long ago and i think i got them to 3 points then decided to buy FM09!

I left Grasshopper for Liverpool after being offered the job in-game; worst mistake I ever made. I love Liverpool, but there wasn't any challenge in it...and I so very rarely found new players worth buying, which was really irritating. Plus, I took over in like 2013, right around the time you need to start making big decisions on guys that you like now. It was kind of depressing, to be honest; it sucks having to sell a play you like in real life.

Archived