Does anybody lower themselfs on the game?

if you dont know what i mean its like, say you have just won the league and fa cup for example. And your boyhood team has just been relegated from that league, would you drop down a league to manage them etc. Or would you drop further down the current league in order of a chalenge and something new?

i know this is random but i'm just curious lol

well i was playing with a team i made up starting in the BSN and got them to the prem and won the champions league 5 times in a row and the european championship with England. i spent my entire reign at that club with 100% english players and got rid of any youths that were foreign straight away

any way i started to get bored as i was stuck in a 12500 seater stadium so i quit in 2028 and spend half a season looking for a job and spotted dover so i declared interest in it that morning. i pressed continue and it said that dover had sacked alan smith (newcastle) and offered me a contract. its was something like a 1000 a week compared to the 170,000 a week at my old club but they were in the BSP and i wanted a challenge.

its now 2037 and in my 4th year in the prem and qualified for the champions league in 4th last year and got to the quarter finals against barca but lost 3-3 on away goals....

just moved into the "dover stadium" with 26000 seats and packing it out each weeks and got a transfer budget of 49mil last year smile.png

i was man city and won the premier league in my second season, there was 2 games left and roy hodgson had just been sacked from fulham, i took the job. They were already relegated and i was already champions so i took charge for the last 2 games after signing a 2 year contract and thought i would relish the chance of trying to get them promoted.

yeah but it doesnt always work out. On Fm08! I was Chelsea. I won the champions league 3 times. 5 league titles. 3 Fa Cups and 4 league Cups. Won the Champions Cup 3 times and other small comps. Ie Community Shield

Had World Class status. The England job came up and they were performing badly in WCE.

Got them to the World Cup and I won it against Argentina. Fans went wild. I was regarded as one of the best English Managers Ever. Was high up in the hall of Fame.

After winning the World Cup I resigned! That season my beloved Ipswich had got relegated. After 5games in. The manager got sacked. I left Chelsea for Ipswich. Went on a wild run and stormed the Championship! Had a truely awful ageing squad with no money.

In the Prem I had 400k to spend. Was livid. So I gave the board to give me money or sack me. I got sacked. Tony Mobray comes in. Gets a massive transfer budget and buys Kieron Richordson for 8mill. and spends another 5million on players.

I was seen as a "Has Been". Steve Bruce beat me to the Man Utd job. So I waited til another job came up. Charlton and Villa jobs came up!. They were in the prem. Laughed me off when I declared my interest.

How can a Multi Cup winner and World Cup winner be treated like that. Was Fuming. Was Probs my best file ever til the board Sacked me.

I had won some something like 18 Trophys for Chelsea.

I have just quit as Redditch Utd after leading them from the BSN to League 1 in 4 seasons. I quit the day after we had clinched promotion from League 2 in our maiden season. I had made a fairly good squad on a tiny budget but I could see that without further investment and a significant raising of both transfer and wage budgets we would get destroyed next season. The board were not willing to chuck me the extra money (my wage budget was £6k a week for god sake) and I couldnt negotiate new contracts with my part time players now the club was professional (they all wanted too much money).

So I celebrated the promotion and then resigned. Declared interest in the Millwall job as they had recently been taken over and were languishing in the bottom half of the League 2 table. They sacked the manager and I was in. Although I am in League 2 I now have a club with potential, a decent stadium and a couple of million to spend on transfers. Only problem being that I have brought in so many new players my squad wont gel until after Xmas.

Still I expect to pass redditch on their way down whilst I gun for promotion.

I usually have a "world tour" save with every release where I'll have lots of leagues and countries loaded. Once I've met my targets in a particular country, or gone as far as I think I can, I'll resign, pack my bags and head off to another country. Usually I head for a club that's struggling or unfancied.

Archived