Ever had a team in a league get relegated from the top league, but get into Europe?

They may have won the FA Cup, I did it once back in FM 08 when I was managing QUB, I was in the second tier in managed to win the cup, and I went to UEFA Cup. Maccabi Tel-Aviv beat me 8-0 away and 5-0 at home though :D

Cardiff might have done it last year had they won the FA cup and were allowed into the competition despite being a Welsh team.

I believe Millwall got a cup final in either 2003 or 2004 and were in Europe, not really sure, I am sure i seen that somewhere.

i am leicester at the end of my 3rd season i got promoted twice in 2 seasons and survived on goal diff in the prem but i only had 22 yellow cards and no reds an extra spot was awarded for fair play so i got into europe on it in a qualifying round, having a team of pansies helps lol

They may have won the FA Cup, I did it once back in FM 08 when I was managing QUB, I was in the second tier in managed to win the cup, and I went to UEFA Cup. Maccabi Tel-Aviv beat me 8-0 away and 5-0 at home though :D

Nah I looked through the red and yellow cards stats, and Ipswich were quite the clean team.

Nah, Man utd won the Fa Cup and the League Cup.

Just seen it with Ipswich. They finished bottom, but England got an extra euro cup spot, so bam, Championship Ipswich are in the Euro Cup.

Anyone else experienced this?

Ipswich did do this before. Relegated but in Europe thanks for Fair Play.

Millwall also got into Europe after losing the Cup final to Man U.

Wolves managed to get to the final where they beat Chelsea, Championship team in Europe i thought, not too bad. It was only when i looked at the championship table i realised Wolves had been relegated to League 1 that season!

Some of these points (MIllwall, Gretna) are off the point. The prime example is Falkirk, who may very well be relegated but are guaranteed Europs football due to getting to the final of the Scottish Cup (with a poxy run of draws against minor opposition IIRC)

Archived