need some magic touch

I am losing in every team i go to manage? why, i tried buying players that my assistant told me that should be sign at any cost or definite purchase, quality signings, decent or even good signing, tried selling players, tried working in asia, holland and england, but no charm what so ever, tried changing formations, tactics, any tips or hints?

i worked in singapore for Gombak Utd, Holland for FC EMMEN and FC Volendam, India for Mahinda utd and England for Hartlepool and I am also currently coaching Senegal, I have no problems with Senegal been their coach ever since started the game

I am losing in every team i go to manage? why, i tried buying players that my assistant told me that should be sign at any cost or definite purchase, quality signings, decent or even good signing, tried selling players, tried working in asia, holland and england, but no charm what so ever, tried changing formations, tactics, any tips or hints?

Go read the TT&F in the Tactics forum, that will help :thup:

Just be patient, Im sure you'll be fine

Or pick a mid level team in any league and see how you do, if you finish near the predicted or above it, it means your fine but if finish below it, then maybe you need to look at tactics,etc...

i am not picking a team yet, i am letting the jobs become available for me thru the com

maybe you are better off managing bigger teams or could be the simple fact you dont know much about the teams you manage therefore you know little on the players and their style of play, certain aspects like this can determine success of failure

sometimes player stats, ca & pa or anything of that nature aint always enough about a player i generally think fm has made this game more realistic than ever because the attitude of a player to me plays a major role in getting the result or not

maybe you are better off managing bigger teams or could be the simple fact you dont know much about the teams you manage therefore you know little on the players and their style of play, certain aspects like this can determine success of failure

sometimes player stats, ca & pa or anything of that nature aint always enough about a player i generally think fm has made this game more realistic than ever because the attitude of a player to me plays a major role in getting the result or not

But some of the things I don't have control of, such as player interaction is limited therefore u can't really tell ur captain or vice captain certain things in the locker room, for example bringing back harmony

I have been trying to get to grips with the game since 3rd patch and had mixed results

Promoted with Leicester in my first season as champions, 16th in second season in the Championship, third season i resigned with the team in 15th.

Tried Paris FC in French Natitonal in my most recent save and i binned it with the team languishing in 19th. 2 wins from 18 games. I think it had something to do with playing a 45 year old Jean Pierre Papin upfront (2 goals in 16). Couldnt bring myself to drop the legend.

Never downloaded a tactic but going to give Pirahna a bash, Need a little help and havent got the stomach for T&TF

Welcome to the wonderfully difficult world of FM09

- Play as an easy team first to get a hang of things

- Read the manual

- Refer to the tactics and training guide and and the forum in general

- Feel free to ask specific questions on here rather than a general "I'm losing, help me!"

- Practice makes perfect!

Welcome to the wonderfully difficult world of FM09

- Play as an easy team first to get a hang of things

- Read the manual

- Refer to the tactics and training guide and and the forum in general

- Feel free to ask specific questions on here rather than a general "I'm losing, help me!"

- Practice makes perfect!

Thanks mate

I have been trying to get to grips with the game since 3rd patch and had mixed results

Promoted with Leicester in my first season as champions, 16th in second season in the Championship, third season i resigned with the team in 15th.

Tried Paris FC in French Natitonal in my most recent save and i binned it with the team languishing in 19th. 2 wins from 18 games. I think it had something to do with playing a 45 year old Jean Pierre Papin upfront (2 goals in 16). Couldnt bring myself to drop the legend.

Never downloaded a tactic but going to give Pirahna a bash, Need a little help and havent got the stomach for T&TF

I guess, I will keep on going the way it is

Blimey, he's still playing!?! :eek:

I'd suggets the exact opposite of this. You're only going to be walking into pseudo-intelectual babble.

Try not being awful teams. Instead of Hartepool be Wolves. Try HSV or someone in Germany.

I am not picking teams, i started off being unemployed, i don't like to start with big teams, i like to make my name from bottom to the top

in the old version I was on top of the game, so I dunno what is wrong i this 1

this one is bloody hard. seriously merciless at times :)

be a big team and get better before trying a long career save

Yeah, couldn't believe it myself.

He was a legend in CM Italia so thought id roll back the years. Unfortunately, he didnt.

On 08, it took me 6 years to get Paris FC promoted. Serious effort was involved.

This version I have found very uneven. One day the team perform high above their potential killing of the league giants three days later they play like they never seen a football before. Morale is huge thing and you are at times better off with your reserves and youth players with good morale than with your first team with low morale. This makes it very difficult to gain continued success with a smaller team with limited finances where you only got one decent squad.

in the old version I was on top of the game, so I dunno what is wrong i this 1

im finding the same i brought 09 when it came out and ive struggled like hell so put it away and went back to 08 were im a good manager. just tried 09 again a few days ago but with injuries, opposition scoring nearly every chance and players losing confidence in me after 10 games im ready to go back to 08 again

im finding the same i brought 09 when it came out and ive struggled like hell so put it away and went back to 08 were im a good manager. just tried 09 again a few days ago but with injuries, opposition scoring nearly every chance and players losing confidence in me after 10 games im ready to go back to 08 again

If your really struggling, like i was, then id highly recommend downloading TylerBode's 'Piranha V6' and the 'V6 Away' tactics

You still need to tweak the player instructions a little as you probably wont have the players immediately to fit the required attributes for each position. Its working a treat for me with Verona in Serie C/1A so its not just for the big boys. Currently 2nd and on a 6 game win streak.

Wouldnt have dreamed of doing this a month ago but the game was really getting on my wick and, as i have stated, i dont have the stomach for the T&TF.

First of all try keeping a formation and don't change it all the time(don't know if you do this but i'd better check

Secondly check the tactics and training forums.

Next up don't just listen to your assistants use your own knowledge to buy players

Not much of a contribution but it should help a bit

thanks mate

This version I have found very uneven. One day the team perform high above their potential killing of the league giants three days later they play like they never seen a football before. Morale is huge thing and you are at times better off with your reserves and youth players with good morale than with your first team with low morale. This makes it very difficult to gain continued success with a smaller team with limited finances where you only got one decent squad.

I am with u on that 1

I am not giving up yet, never gave up

If your really struggling, like i was, then id highly recommend downloading TylerBode's 'Piranha V6' and the 'V6 Away' tactics

You still need to tweak the player instructions a little as you probably wont have the players immediately to fit the required attributes for each position. Its working a treat for me with Verona in Serie C/1A so its not just for the big boys. Currently 2nd and on a 6 game win streak.

Wouldnt have dreamed of doing this a month ago but the game was really getting on my wick and, as i have stated, i dont have the stomach for the T&TF.

thanks, so far the new season looks promising, with 2 wins and 1 loss out of 3 games

• 3 weeks later...
I am sacked once more, after being with the club for 1 year

Chin up dude. I got sacked in my first couple of saves with Premiership clubs - Man Utd and Spurs IIRC. You'll get to grips with the game once you find a tactic that works well with your team. I finally found that 'elusive' tactic and took over Aston Villa. I'm now into my 12th season and have many trophies under my belt :D

Keep on trucking :thup:

any tactic ive made for FM09 just hasnt won me anything but i did come second a few times with my own tactics so they cant be that bad lol. Because i so wanted to actually win something i decided to head over to Tactics forum and use other peoples tactics and bam i start winning titles lol.

whilst i do enjoy winning now, i'd also really like to win with my own tactic aswell so im taking some time to build a decent tactic of my own whilst also enjoying success with other peoples :-)

Head over to the tactics forum mate :-)

Chin up dude. I got sacked in my first couple of saves with Premiership clubs - Man Utd and Spurs IIRC. You'll get to grips with the game once you find a tactic that works well with your team. I finally found that 'elusive' tactic and took over Aston Villa. I'm now into my 12th season and have many trophies under my belt :D

Keep on trucking :thup:

i did, i had a tactic that was working for me, till the club decided not to give me money for renewing my key player contracts and then they all left after we got to the playoffs and only reserve players and backup players left at the club and the club is 19th and they decided to sack me

any tactic ive made for FM09 just hasnt won me anything but i did come second a few times with my own tactics so they cant be that bad lol. Because i so wanted to actually win something i decided to head over to Tactics forum and use other peoples tactics and bam i start winning titles lol.

whilst i do enjoy winning now, i'd also really like to win with my own tactic aswell so im taking some time to build a decent tactic of my own whilst also enjoying success with other peoples :-)

Head over to the tactics forum mate :-)

the tactic was working till all my best players left the club due to lack of money

Archived