Anyone worked out how to predict if tutoring will be successful?

I've read a few of the threads on here about tutoring, and as far as I can tell no one's been able to work out whether or not tutoring will be successful. I've been trying to use the system a lot more and tried to keep tabs on how effective things will be, but I cannot for the life of me see any links between different succesful pairings. I thought maybe a high reputation might be the key, but after three decent partnerships between my world-class playmaker and some youngsters, the fourth attempt ended after just two days as I was told they had too much of a difference in personality and they now dislike each other. Thing is, the hidden stats of those two players aren't a million miles off, it doesn't seem like a big personality difference at all.

So anyone happen to know what we should be looking out for? Oh and while I remember, has anyone had any success with tutoring young goalkeepers? They always say "unsure of the benefit" for me. Can't work out why.

i think it depends on if they have a strong personality type to begin with

usualy the older players personality will over power the younger ones, sometimes leading the youngsters personality to become the same as the older

i find it very useful for developing mental attributes in players who are low in certain departments

i once tutored a young centre back who had a single figure for concentration and with a yr it shot up to around 17 due to the older players high concentration level

having said that sometimes the process is very unsuccessful

i think its usualy about the youngster potential ability

i dont know why you cant tutor certain players although they are of the right age

is it something to do with the difference between CA and PA?

Argh! just had another falling out. :( This time between two "fairly professional" players. Seriously, anyone have any idea whatsoever? I'm beginning to think there's no point using the tutoring system due to how random it feels. I might just start editing my player's hidden stats from now on.

I believe in FM08 it was actually random! Rather silly, if you ask me, and the fallout effects are dreadful if it fails. I wouldn't be surprised if it was still random given the fact the training module hasn't changed.

This youngster, who was just about on the fringes of the first team, now dislikes my main striker. And more to the point he now dislikes me a little bit! The fact that it says "clear difference in personality" when they fall out really just rubs salt in to the wound. If it were clear, I wouldn't be in this mess!

I have no clue about how it works... Previously it've always appeared like almost everyone was "doubts he can learn anything" and such. But now, in AEK, it seems like EVERYONE is "delighted at ____'s tutor" or "looking to learn from ____"... And about every third tutoring ends with the youngster being delighted about what he managed to learn.

The fallout is completely random, just do save and reload if you are not happy and don't want a mess within your team, although I must admit that it is an irritating feature that can happen in real life.

However, the tutoring is not one you want to forego as the benefits far outweigh the downsides. Even if the players said they are unsure of the benefit and stated that they have not learnt anything at the end of the process, their personalities would have been moulded closer to the personalities of the tutor.

Archived