Keeper's not listening to me! >:(

Right, I've come here for some direct advice.

My Keeper's keep losing me games

I have distribution set to defender collect

yet my goalkeepers insist on hoofing the ball to my pint sized center-mids since they can't reach my strikers with their kicks

Normally this doesn't bother me too much as we're usually losing by the end or winning by alot

but recently I've only been able to score a goal and he still inists on throwing the game away for a draw.

This is the third successive time this has happened to me now

is there actually a way for the keeper to do what I actually set for him to do?

I have Creative freedom set to one notch above furthest left for all my players btw

Right, I've come here for some direct advice.

My Keeper's keep losing me games

I have distribution set to defender collect

yet my goalkeepers insist on hoofing the ball to my pint sized center-mids since they can't reach my strikers with their kicks

Normally this doesn't bother me too much as we're usually losing by the end or winning by alot

but recently I've only been able to score a goal and he still inists on throwing the game away for a draw.

This is the third successive time this has happened to me now

is there actually a way for the keeper to do what I actually set for him to do?

I have Creative freedom set to one notch above furthest left for all my players btw

just a thought, not sure if this will work! what other player instructions have you set for your keeper?

just that if his passing style is set to long and direct, this could be affecting it, as could mentality? (not sure if those are the exact names, not on FM at the moment)

i used to have a problem with my keeper always running up for corners even when i set him to 'back' for everything. turned out that it was his mentality that made him go forwards

It's asking for trouble to mess with the default goalie settings. Why? Because, like you've just experienced, explicit instructions aren't propagated correctly by the game engine. I find that leaving the settings alone will lead to a reduction in errors and much less heartache.

Also, it's worth noting your keeper's eccentricity value. Some high eccentricity keepers are prone to making costly mistakes due to their unconventional methods.

Check your defenders' positions. If they are too far up the field (high mentality) or tightly marked by the opp, the keeper wouldn't risk rolling the ball out to them. You might need to adjust your settings to make a defender more available to collect the ball.

i would love it if akinfeev rolled the ball out when we are playing 1 upfront...

i will take your advice lukegjpotter. i've never made a new gk schedule as my gk coaches are usually 18-20 for training gks.

i don't think you should need intensive and specific training to roll a freakin ball out to a fullback, but hey.

Archived