pace or acceleration?

Pace is the maximum speed a player can get up to while acceleration is the time it takes to reach maximum speed.

So a player with low acceleration and high pace will take longer to get up to full speed, but will be fast once he gets there, whereas a placer with high acceleration and low pace will get up to full speed really quickly, but once there it’s not that fast.

As for which players suit which attribute it really depends on your style of play. If you expect your player to work in small confined spaces I would go for acceleration, whereas if you’re expecting them to be covering large areas of ground I’d go for pace.

A healthy balance between the two normally works best though.

A better acceleration is better for shorter distances whereas overall pace is better for longer distances if you had to have one over the other. Acceleration is the rate of change of speed per second or metres per second per second.

I always look for Acceleration first for a top winger or forward player. If his pace is 16 or above i'll still take him, but Acceleration is key for me.

Simply because i want him to burst ahead of the defender and get his shot away or his cross in before the defender can tackle or block.

If you notice your wingers (2D view is best for this), an exceptional winger like Messi or Silva will knock the ball ahead slightly (when 1 on 1 with a fullback) and that short burst of speed (acceleration) will take them that extra yard ahead needed to cross/shoot freely. Over a longer distance though, the fullback might catch them up if the fullbacks pace is better.

I always look for Acceleration first for a top winger or forward player. If his pace is 16 or above i'll still take him, but Acceleration is key for me.

Simply because i want him to burst ahead of the defender and get his shot away or his cross in before the defender can tackle or block.

If you notice your wingers (2D view is best for this), an exceptional winger like Messi or Silva will knock the ball ahead slightly (when 1 on 1 with a fullback) and that short burst of speed (acceleration) will take them that extra yard ahead needed to cross/shoot freely. Over a longer distance though, the fullback might catch them up if the fullbacks pace is better.

thats a good example another one is sanchez vs torres and vagner love, on the game engine sanchez is buy far the faster player and he has greater accelartion than the other two i could be wrong but ti think the stats are

sanchez acc 18 pace 16 tores acc 17 pac 17 love acc 17 pac 16 or somwthing like that but sanchez plays alot faster.

a cb with acc 17 and pace 14 will be fast and probably wont get beaten for pace

F=m.a , a= N/kg = meter/secondsquare , v(pace)=a.t , x=a.t.t/2

all of that shows in short spaces accelaration important in long spaces pace is important.

If you play deep defence pace is better than accelaration for attacking players, acceleraiton for defenders; in push up pace is important for defenders , acceleration for attackers.

all of that shows in short spaces accelaration important in long spaces pace is important.

Acceleration is a vital attribute for those Anelka type strikers that thrive on a quick burst past the last man for goal scoring.

Acceleration plus agility is a potent combination for leaving your man for dead. Add First Touch, Dribbling, Finishing to the equation and you have a lethal striker.

If you play deep defence pace is better than accelaration for attacking players, acceleraiton for defenders; in push up pace is important for defenders , acceleration for attackers.

Those physics formulas are highly irrelevant.

There are basically two type of situations where winger can find himself with a ball.

1) He gets ball in midfield and starts to dribble down the flank with opp. wing back chasing him closely. Pace, dribbling and technique are essential there to go past defender without losing the ball.

2) He gets ball quite nearer to corner flag and defender is closing him down. Now he needs just acceleration/agility to make couple of fast moves, get enough room for cross and quickly center the ball, leaving defender standing on place.

Of course, good winger should be able to use both of these situation, so all of the named attributes are important. But some of the attributes help him on one situation and some of them in others.

I think Vagner Love went up to 19 acceleration in the first season on my game and he scored 40 goals. I could swear that at least 20 of those were scored by accelerating past a defender (who usually had a 2-3 yard headstart) and finishing, so that's the stat I put more importance on.

Yes, you are very clever and listened during your Physics lectures.

Really, just no point at all.

Those physics formulas are highly irrelevant.

Not really, they support his point...

Yes, you are very clever and listened during your Physics lectures.

Really, just no point at all.

You get tought those in Year 9, doesn't really take genious!

I don't sign anyone really unless they have at least 16 in both... Well, keepers are the exception lol.

Might sound daft but I like for my players to be able to run for the ball in those 1 on 1's... especially when I have goal scorers all over the pitch.

Not really, they support his point...

You get tought those in Year 9, doesn't really take genious!

I don't really see how the formula for force is relevant? But I'm probably missing something. Also, those formulas assume uniform acceleration and are hardly useful in that a person will reach his maximum speed very quickly.

If you don't understand the formula then just pay attention to the conclusion. He is right on both counts.

Thanks Professor. If that was aimed at me, at what point did i say i didnt understand?

If it wasnt aimed at me, ignore me, which im sure you will anyway

If a striker has very high dribbling, pace and acceleration, I tend to sign them regardless of their finishing.

I have a striker who has scored 24 goals, and his finishing is 12 and heading 14 and I play with Stuttgart in the German Top Division.

As others have stated they always have the upper hand when getting to lose balls or getting past their marker. I also tend to make these players train "place shots" where possible, makes them lethal. :D

BTW, you guys shouldnt be naming players in these threads!

Thanks Professor. If that was aimed at me, at what point did i say i didnt understand?

If it wasnt aimed at me, ignore me, which im sure you will anyway

Don't worry mate, I'm not sure even he knows who he's talking to half the time.

Pity you didn't pay attention to your year 6 English teacher then bud.

Well excuse me [a person who happens to be predicted A* in an English GCSE I'll be taking a year earlier (age wise) than the rest of the country] for making my first typo in the 4 weeks since I was forced to type with one hand, thanks to my broken arm!

Wingers and forwards you expect to dribble past and skin a defender - acceleration

Central forwards you expect to launch through balls at - pace

Central midfielders - acceleration

Fullbacks and central defenders - pace

A good balance is always good though.

Archived