Can anyone suggest me a new team to manage ?

Zaragoza ftw :thup:.

Great starting squad to win the segunda division, then you get i nice big kitty to take the top flight by storm, not to mention some great young talents.

p.s. there is a thread in the GPTG devoted to this kinda stuff

King's Lynn, newly promoted to BSN, they are a real challenge as their reputation is very low and nobody wants to sign for them. I'm in BSP with them and some players choose to go to BSN or BSS teams instead of me :(

Why dont you try a lower league team instead of big clubs!? I find it more enjoyable bringing up a low club into a top club then just being somebody like Man U and winning everything in your first season.

Yeah I load leagues down to the lowest league. As far as reputation goes, I initially tried with the lowest rep possible (as I had done for FM06 onwards) but it took me a while and I got impatient so I tried again with my rep as professional footballer, I got plenty of offers from Championship/L1 teams but since I wanted to manage abroad I decided to take up an offer from an Italian Serie C1 side - this was only a week or two into the game. I do think FM09 (and indeed FM08 post-patch) made it more difficult for unemployed managers on the lowest rep to get a job so I "cheated" a bit in that regard.

Actually another option for those who want a "random" lower league team would be that team picker that the guys in the LLM forum use, I don't actually post in that forum as I fall foul of a couple of their "guidelines" but that tool can be useful nevertheless.

I am rebuilding Stuttgart at the moment, having a lot of fun.

We were in financial difficulty, however things have turned around, and after some VERY smart sales of some out of favour newbs, I just signed Diego Buonanotte for 13 million Euro. Diego is all class, but is usually on is arse. :D

How on earth can you get Ronaldo for Pompey? I couldn't even get an unhappy Podolski to my Stuttgart.

How on earth can you get Ronaldo for Pompey? I couldn't even get an unhappy Podolski to my Stuttgart.

I had a very large transfer kity cus i didn't buy anybody in 2 seasons.I asskissed Man Utd manager until we were good friends.Man Utd didn't even play in UEFA cup in 3 years so Ronaldo was very interested.So after a lot negotations a bought him for 57 mil. :D

Clearly it has to be the biggest sleeping giant in world football...the mighty Bristol City!

You will have a job on emulating the success of Magic Johnson though...

They're top in the 1st season on my game by 6 points with 5 to play!

Archived