FM on Vista issue?

Ok basically my brother got a new laptop and installed FM09 on it, but it just refuses to start. Steam will run and the game will just never boot up, without steam the game demands Steam is on, it refuses to allow us to play it offline.

Anybody know why it won't boot up either way?

Ok basically my brother got a new laptop and installed FM09 on it, but it just refuses to start. Steam will run and the game will just never boot up, without steam the game demands Steam is on, it refuses to allow us to play it offline.

Anybody know why it won't boot up either way?

Perhaps it's a graphic issue? Search for new graphic card drivers for the laptops graphics card or onboard graphic processor.

And corrected I stand!

It just runs in 32bit mode as it was programmed.

But to some extent you are correct, there are a lot of 32bit applications which struggle to run on a 64bit Operating System, some won't run at all, as i'm discovering when im trying to run Apache Webserver and PHP at home!

been running FM09 on 64bit vista on laptop and pc for months now with no issues so its definitely not that. Steam will always need to be active to play it however you can reboot steam in offline mode which might be worth a try. failing that do you have any other games on steam and do they run ok ?

Archived