Furious!

I am furious at the moment, in the World Cup with China, the ball bounced down for our keeper with their striker running up to him. My keeper collects the ball, walks away and then their striker walks into my keeper, collects the ball and scores!!

Needless to say I haven't saved it - I like my game to be as REALISTIC as possible, and I can't stand cheating by the game. :mad:

I think it's not so much a cheat as the match engine and the calculations behind it being out of sync. The game calculates that a goal should be scored, but for whatever reason it isn't, so it comes up with a contrived way of scoring.

A keeper comes out to collect the ball, under pressure from a striker, fails to gather with both hands and the striker nips in and scores.

Sounds like a possible real life scenario to me!

Agreed. The problem in 3D is the ME has calculated the above scenario but the 3D displays it poorly so rather than both players arriving at the ball at the same moment, the GK gets there first, dawdles about because the ME has calculated the ST wins the ball....cue angry human manager.

The game isn't cheating, just representing the ME calculations poorly in 3D.

Needless to say I haven't saved it - I like my game to be as REALISTIC as possible, and I can't stand cheating by the game. :mad:

Would you have saved it if it was you who scored the goal?

But yes, these things happen, it's just a problem in the 3D showing it. Or maybe your keeper is just useless and dropped the ball.

Agreed. The problem in 3D is the ME has calculated the above scenario but the 3D displays it poorly so rather than both players arriving at the ball at the same moment, the GK gets there first, dawdles about because the ME has calculated the ST wins the ball....cue angry human manager.

The game isn't cheating, just representing the ME calculations poorly in 3D.

There is no way in hell there is extra code in the match engine for this above scenario. No way. Im not saying its not possible to add it to the match engine i am just saying that those once in a million scenarios are not exactly a priority for the developers.

Just because something can happen in real life doesnt mean you can explain it in a game as anything other than a small bug.

In a friendly match vs my reserves team, my keeper held the ball from a corner, but my left-back decided that this wasn't the appropriate action and headbutted my keeper, scoring an own goal in the process.

now i can say the 3D match engine is a hell not ready yet

i have noticed some flawn in my game and thats why i stopped played FM09 and back to my FM08 game

now i was going to give it a try once more but seeing this topic and how some lads deffend a situation which should be reported and debated as a bug

now i feel like SI has some guys who will just say yes for whatever they do

anyways nooooo the 3D match engine has a lot lot of things to worry about for the coming up versions or else SI games will loose their crown in management games

the question is.....is the 2D game the same as the 3D one ,or it is adjusted and neat as that of FM08?

There is no way in hell there is extra code in the match engine for this above scenario. No way. Im not saying its not possible to add it to the match engine i am just saying that those once in a million scenarios are not exactly a priority for the developers.

Just because something can happen in real life doesnt mean you can explain it in a game as anything other than a small bug.

What daemonic said makes perfect sense. The most usual example: 2 players run for the ball, the first one is way ahead. All of a sudden he stops or slows down or starts running sideways, so the second catches up and wins the ball. The way I see it, the ME has calculated that the second player would win the ball but the 3D fails to represent that in a sensible way.

What daemonic said makes perfect sense. The most usual example: 2 players run for the ball, the first one is way ahead. All of a sudden he stops or slows down or starts running sideways, so the second catches up and wins the ball. The way I see it, the ME has calculated that the second player would win the ball but the 3D fails to represent that in a sensible way.

Exactly!!...much better example :thup:

Its hard to say since we dont know how its implemented but im having hard time believing that the match engine would be implemented so badly that such things would occur.

I think it's not so much a cheat as the match engine and the calculations behind it being out of sync. The game calculates that a goal should be scored, but for whatever reason it isn't, so it comes up with a contrived way of scoring.

So cheating then ;)

In a friendly match vs my reserves team, my keeper held the ball from a corner, but my left-back decided that this wasn't the appropriate action and headbutted my keeper, scoring an own goal in the process.

It's quality moments of madness like that make football such an enjoyable sport. :thup:

Hey guys, thanks for replying! :)

No, the keeper clearly had it held in both hands for a couple of seconds, walked forward a couple of feet, their attacker looked like he ran into my keeper, knocked it out of his hands and then scored!

And JSalter, it's a possibility I would have done ;)

Hey guys, thanks for replying! :)

No, the keeper clearly had it held in both hands for a couple of seconds, walked forward a couple of feet, their attacker looked like he ran into my keeper, knocked it out of his hands and then scored!

And JSalter, it's a possibility I would have done ;)

One of those moments when the Keeper goes to kick the ball and the cheeky striker nicks the ball just as the keeper releases it perhaps? IIRC a certain Irish striker tried to make a habit of this trick in all its various forms by lingering behind the keeper.

The 3d engine is often a little less clear in what happens than we'd love, partly because of the view options available, partly maybe because that kind of detail would mean those of us without 1 gig graphics cards wouldn't be able to play the game, but I doubt it's 'cheating' in the sense suggested.

Archived