Error: [-1004] unlock key over device limit

Hi all,

I purchased the game via Steam when it was released and installed it on TWO computers: my laptop and desktop. I have not shared my key with anyone.

I have re-installed my desktop OS a couple of times - re-installing FM09 via steam on each occasion. But again, this is the SAME computer.

Yesterday, following a fresh install of Windows I re-installed FM09 again, activated it and played it with no problems. Today however when I tried to play, it went through the activation process again (even though it had been successfully activated yesterday) and I now get the following message:

"It seems your unlock key is over its device limit. The unlock key is only valid for a set number of computers. To unlock this software against additional computers, please visit: http://www.sigames.com. Error : [-1004]"

This is nuts. I bought the game via steam, have not shared my key with anyone, have only installed it on two computers, and now the thing won't let me play.

Very frustrating! :mad: Sorry if this has been addressed before but after having spent the last two hours looking through SI, Sega and Softanchor websites, I haven't found a thing.

Any ideas?

Archived