FM10 Idea

More than a decent shout...I always think when you retire and you have had a decent career maybe there should be more news, the same with maybe when another manager retires who was one of your friends you could make a comment of some kind...Purely gimmicky but would be a nice touch

Wuld like some kind of cool feature based on retirement.

fergie is the greatest example of this:

Announce your decision to retire in the not to distant future, if you have been successful, your board may find this as a problem and may try and pursuade you to put off retirrement for a while.

They offer you a rolling contract or sweeten the deal and offer you some more freedom as a manager, with a lot more control over finances.

Anyone mind if we use this thread for other ideas? I like the retirement one...it can have a pretty strong impact on clubs and fans. Imagine a manager announcing his retirement, and players he signed at his club start suggesting that when he leaves, they'll look to move on too...can work in many ways this one.

I went to Liverpool, and won the PL and CL in my one season stay, and resigned to take the job at Oldham...

I get a message rumouring it, and then one confirmng it, nothing like Gillett begging me to stay, or the fans being disappointed, nothing at all!

Archived