I've just been offered an an astronomical amount to loan my player...(PLAYER NAMED)

I'm playing as Man City and obviously have some quality strikers. I have 5 in my first team, one of which is Balotelli whom I signed for £7.25 million a season ago.

He isn't first choice and in fact isn't really 3rd or 4th choice but he can play on both wings and gets a fair amount of games.

I wanted to loan him out for a season (it's 2011) to give him a run of games.

Sevilla, have just offered £9 million to loan him for a season, paying 90% of his wages, with a future fee of £74 MILLION!

I can't lose can I? If they buy him I've made a huge profit and if they don't I've recouped my transfer fee and got what I wanted in the first place - him out on loan for a season (which I would have agreed to do with no fee or wage contribution).

Obviously I will accept the bid and hope he goes. I doubt Sevilla can afford the fee though - they're classed as rich but that's too rich for them surely? They only managed to win the UEFA Cup last season.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE

Sevilla have come in with their bid.......................

£29.5 million

Quite a lot less that I had anticipated. So should I accept?

Most of my reserve strikers have left now.

I have 3 world-class forwards and 2 very able back ups.

sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell! sell!

I think O,o

That's a resounding majority I would say! I seriously couldn't believe my eyes. He isn't transfer listed and Arsenal are also interested. I won't be selling to them though - even if they offer £94 million.

I just couldn't believe it. My best players never get decent offers in for them. Just hope he goes!

Devious! Well he has signed on loan now so my main concern is if Sevilla actually bid for him.

They may come in with a lower offer.

What price would you sell? Bearing in mind I have Robinho + another very good Brazilian, a world class Argentinian and a few other quality strikers

I wouldn't sell him, he goes on to become the striker Wayne Rooney failed to become. Infact if you combined Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo into one player, that player would be Balotelli.

I can understand where you are coming from, with him being young and under-developed and Sevilla offering a rediculous quantity of cash, but it is unlikely you will ever replace the player he becomes with anything superior in your time, especially when you consider his ability to play on the flanks. He is an awsomely talented player that is highly commited and will easilly surpass Robinho in almost every department barring raw technical ability.

You don't want to sell players like him if you are building a top quality squad. My assistant manager Nick Theslof with JPA and JPP of 20 reckons he has the potential to be more important to my United squad than Ronaldo or Rooney.

I can see the point in not selling him due to the fact that City don't need the cash. But in all honesty, if my first choice strikers are scoring goals and I have quality backup - I don't see him getting a run in the team. I doubt he would fulfill his potential due to this. And despite that fact that I am City, I still like to play the game as if I were any other club i.e. not blowing massive amounts of cash on any old players. Having said that, I must have went CIty for some reason (although it's not my first save).

Anyway, the loan went through so if Sevilla stump up the cash I will have to accept. If they offer less than the £74 million I'll give it careful consideration.

This brings me onto another point. When we get a loan to buy offer, why can;t we include the option of sell on clauses or monthly installments?

Same thing happened to me. Newcastle wanted to loan one of my players. They offered £5.5mil up front and then £72mil as a future fee for transfer. When the season drew close to an end they put in a meager bid of £17. Naturally I declined that and got my player back, but when clubs offer you future fees like that it seems they don't really want to pay that much.

Same thing happened to me. Newcastle wanted to loan one of my players. They offered £5.5mil up front and then £72mil as a future fee for transfer. When the season drew close to an end they put in a meager bid of £17. Naturally I declined that and got my player back, but when clubs offer you future fees like that it seems they don't really want to pay that much.

Yes I suspect that. I actually hope they bid £40 or £50 million because there would be a slim chance they could afford it. £74 million I just can;t see - even though they're classed as rich.

If it doesn't go through I don;t mind - I ot £9 million for the loan which is more than I paid for him, they're paying the bulk of his wages and he's a valuable first team player so hoefully he will come back and really challenge my front two.

Balotelli whom I signed for £7.25 million a season ago.

He isn't first choice and in fact isn't really 3rd or 4th choice but he can play on both wings and gets a fair amount of games.

Sevilla, have just offered £9 million to loan him for a season

Sevilla have come in with their bid: £29.5 million

So should I accept?

Most of my reserve strikers have left now.

I have 3 world-class forwards and 2 very able back ups.

Ok in the quote here is basically what you're saying. They already paid you £9 mill and want to pay you another £29.5 mill. You bought him for £7.25 mill and you have players who are way better than him (3 world class forwards).

I say sell and run before they understand what just happened! :D

If you decide to keep him, why not just loan him out for 3-4 seasons on the trot til you decide he might just be what your first team needs. Its an excellent offer but your manchester city, you dont need the money, but you can make 5-10mill a season on loaning him out til he is ready?

Ok in the quote here is basically what you're saying. They already paid you £9 mill and want to pay you another £29.5 mill. You bought him for £7.25 mill and you have players who are way better than him (3 world class forwards).

I say sell and run before they understand what just happened! :D

I suppose that is what I'm saying.

He's had a good season with them so I'm gonna hang onto him. I'll give him a run in the team and see how he gets on. As mentioned by others, the money is not exaclty needed although it owuld have been nice to get £74M!

Archived