Ok guys,

I am in something of a predicament. I have started a file with Liverpool, and, whilst I am playing reasonably well, I just cannot get Fernando Torres to bang in the goals. Strange as he is one of the best strikers in the game. Normally I would think it was just the file, but on a previous file with Liverpool I had the same problem. He's not bad in europe, but in the premiership I just cannot get him to score. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And does anyone have any ideas/tips for how i can turn El Nino into the goal machine he is in real life???

:(

Had the same problem recently in my Liverpool save. In 2012/2013 season and he's struggled a lot this season, missing some good chances, not sure why he has. Then recently in a pre-match team talk I told him no pressure in a hope he'd relax in front of goal and as a result he bagged a hattrick against west ham, he's gone on to bag plenty of goals.

Then again it could be the way you're playing like if he's sitting too deep or whatever, try the no pressure thing if you haven't already I find that helps players if they're worried about their form.

i had the same problem, well, before i got bored of my liverpool save

managed to get him to a reasonable scoring rate by making him a target man and changing the 'target man supply' to 'run on to ball'

but he was still nothing special

Fernando Torres is a monster if you get him playing well.

He's very much a confidence player on FM, which I believe is incorrect as he can score whenever in real life.

He plays best on his own up front, with support from Gerrard if possible. Give him the ability to run with the ball, forward runs and give the ball to his feet. He will score and assist.

Generally, his long shots are Ok. He hasn't got the best rating for him but if he gets a yard, he can hammer them in.

One down side to the legend that is Fernando Torres is that he is rather injury prone. Often picking up injuries for three/four months on my Liverpool saves. If you get an injury free season, he'll get you 30 + goals.

Suerte!

If find that too Stem. For me he's the best player in the world for a few months then he goes off the boil. He gets injuries a lot too. When he is fired up I have him as target man with 'run on to ball' instruction. With a good through-ball (Hey Stevie G) he'll skin the DC (bye, Vidic) and burst through on goal. Always does a few amazing dribbles through a crowded defence to roll the ball past the keeper. Gets a few headers form corners and set plays too but I've never seen him score a long shot.

I had the same problem with Cristiano Lucarelli at Parma in serie b,he has quality stats prob one of the best strikers in the division along with Nicola Pozzi of Empoli i tried everything to get him scoring praised him when he was out of form,told him i expected a performance,used player interraction and nothing worked so i just banged him on the bench

I had the same problem with Cristiano Lucarelli at Parma in serie b,he has quality stats prob one of the best strikers in the division along with Nicola Pozzi of Empoli i tried everything to get him scoring praised him when he was out of form,told him i expected a performance,used player interraction and nothing worked so i just banged him on the bench

Completely unrelated but if you're playing in serie b might i suggest signing paloschi, he's a beast.

Archived