FM09 - Take Over By Consortium, Will I Get Sacked?

According to this post over at CMFrenzy.com, SI's Mark Vaughan has said previously there are 7 types of take over.

- PLC

- Consortium - "a consortium of businessmen will purchase the club, possibly installing a new manager"

- Fans Trust

- Rich Individual - Tycoons

- Promotion from Within

- Elections

So it says there that "a consortium of businessmen will purchase the club, possibly installing a new manager" - is there a possibility they may appoint a new manager?

cheers

Im doing quite well. I managed to secure the spanish cup in the first season, along with ECC qualification got through to the semi finals of ECC. Second season i was runner up in the league to barcelona, and won the ECC. signed some huge big name players. Messi for one £35.5m (now barca want him bk :).

I'd be surprised if i was sacked, infact i would be shocked lol!

Im extremely pleased to report that the new board have decided to keep me in the job.

They were "impressed by the support for your management at the club and had been persuaded to allow you to remain in charge". They have also announced that "construction work has begun on upgrading the youth academy and training facilities".

So i get to keep my job, a £21m cash injection (not really needed but not complaining) and an upgrade to the training facilities and youth academy. I can start building for the future with some hot prospects.

I was approached by Roman Abramovich for the Chelsea job just before this takeover talk started. I was offered £71k per week wages, a transfer budget of £58m and a wage budget of £1.8m p/w.

When this talkover talk started, and the rumours were they were installing Frank Rijkaard i was gutted! and kind of wished i'd took the Chelsea job, but im glad its all panned out ok :)

i was taken over by a consortium in my Southampton game, they said they where going to hire Keegan as manager but kept with me :)

Nice one.

I was really really annoyed when i realised i could just be sacked.

In a leeds save I had couple of months ago I was in my 5th season iirc just won the prem league, season 6 starts and takeover talks start and bam got fired around 5 weeks later :(

It made me so mad I think I was yelling at my computer for 10 minutes:D

In a leeds save I had couple of months ago I was in my 5th season iirc just won the prem league, season 6 starts and takeover talks start and bam got fired around 5 weeks later :(

It made me so mad I think I was yelling at my computer for 10 minutes:D

I feel your pain brother, Amen.

• 5 months later...

Got West Ham promoted from Championship and after iffy first season in Prem (finished 14th) got us up to 10th before being sacked in board takeover (consortium-styley). Finances were sound, great young players coming through, fans love me and job status very secure. Still got the boot! Pretty miffed to be honest - anyone else had sth similar?

Im doing quite well. I managed to secure the spanish cup in the first season, along with ECC qualification got through to the semi finals of ECC. Second season i was runner up in the league to barcelona, and won the ECC. signed some huge big name players. Messi for one £35.5m (now barca want him bk :).

I'd be surprised if i was sacked, infact i would be shocked lol!

With that record, it's fair to assume that you can relax. :)

edit: Oops, too late :D

i was taken over by a consortium in my Southampton game, they said they where going to hire Keegan as manager but kept with me :)
Nice one.

I was really really annoyed when i realised i could just be sacked.

Yeah, according to court papers Kevin Keegan said something similar to the Newcastle board...

I've seen a consortium take over a couple clubs where they have threatened to hire a new manager.

At Leeds the new consortium hired Steve McLaren to replace their old manager, despite thretening to replace him with Karl Bordengaard. Leeds had just regained promotion back to the Championship in 2011 when this happened. McLaren's first game in charge was a 2-1 defeat to relegated Yeovil Town lol.

At Chippenham Town the new consortium threatened to hire Johnson Hipolyte only 3 games into new manager, Steve Waywell' Chippenham career, lucky for him it took a while for the takeover to happen but when it did his team was in 18th place. A couple weeks have passed in game since that takeover and Waywell is still in charge. He is probably only still there because of the decent start they made.

It depends on how much the new board want to change the club whether you get sacked or not.

I presume Leeds wanted to go forward quickly so hired a successful club level coach, whereas the Chippenham board are prepared to give their boss backing for the time being.

Archived