Letting Go!

Does anyone else find it hard to let go of Saves. Ive been with Ipswich for 5-6years. Got into the Prem first time of asking. After battling Relegation for a few years. I am now a top 6 Team. Had Uefa Cup Football for Two seasons now.

Havent won any cups, Cant push into Top 4. Other prems have more money and attract bigger players.

Nearest Ive got to Silverware for Semi Final of Uefa Cup.

Top Four is Man City, Liverpool. Aston Villa. Man Utd.

Im tempted to do a Real Madrid File. I want to move on but I feel I need to win something with Town!

Im finding it hard to let go even though Im kinda bored with this one.

Its basically my Club. All my own Back Room Staff. No Orginal Players. Turned the club into Uefa Cup Side.

But I cant get the Top 4!!

All my players are under the age of 27! Mostly English with a few Argies/Brazilians for Flair.

Think Real Madrid might be calling!

Longest ive ever spent with 1 club in any CM/FM is 21 or 22 seasons with Badajoz. I get really attached to players and squads I create.

In that saved game I took over a bankrupt Badajoz side (spanish club) and made an entire team of 17-19 year olds. 8 of the 11 I signed in that fateful year played together for 15+ seasons, winning 2 Primera Titles and 1 Cup Winners Cup. I stopped playing my save when my 31 year old French Striker retired after breaking his leg ON HIS INTERNATIONAL DEBUT (i got gutted!) and my 37 year old Congo midfielder retired. :(

The main reason I find it hard to leave, is because I hate to see the AI destroy what I have created.

I do have a lot of saves, but these are all holiday test runs for a database I'm editing, so they don't count. I only have 1 game going, in fact I only ever play 1 game with each release of FM. If I start getting itchy feet at a club I will look for another job in the same game rather than start again.

To be honest ozzij, there is no point starting a new save, you could just resign from Ipswich and get another job, and patiently take another club to extreme heights, try and make a career out of one save, rather than starting up oa save, staying with only one club before starting another save.

You never know, maybe the Ipswch job will become availabe again, and maybe you could take them higher than last time ;)

I usually play 2 saves on each FM release, one on my desktop and one on my laptop. This year I got a new laptop so now I play only one. I usually find it very hard to leave a team I build up so I usually play it untill I don't get a new contract or untill I have achieved all I can with it. I then change team but stick to the save it is kinda fun to build up squads when you don't know anything about the players.

I have a career save goina alongsode all the challenges i#m doing. I started at Man Utd and am now Managing AC Milan. Olay I'm only 6 seasons in but when I get bored of AC i'll resign and go elsewhere. I find this really good to do

Ive take your advice and stayed with Ipswich!! I dunno whats happening with the money at the club. Im losing like 2mill a month! Im 160k under wages. Got a tiny loan. Got abot 5mill left in the transfer kitty!!

Im selling Van Der Vaart for 5million to Man Utd! He cant get in my team. so thats him gone and 80k off the wage bill.

The only season when the club hasnt been making money.

At the end of last season the chairman paid 4mill each to the share holders.

So ennoying because big jobs come up like Villa and Liverpool and I dont get them. My rep is still national! Im destroying the Ufea Cup! Played 6 games. won 5 drew 1. Scored 16, let in 2!

Only got 1 year on my contract. Lets hope I leave on a high with the Ufea Cup in my hands!

Archived